Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Planning 2010, want more friendly runs than Kitzbuhel!

Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Signed up not long ago after finding the site prior to a Kitz holiday.

Brief history if you want to read: mid 30's couple from UK waited till moving to Dubai to learn to board, loved it so much went ot Kitzbuhlel in Jan. Loved it so much planning March 2010 holiday.

So anyway, my wife and I are pretty basic to boarding - carving easily standard, but only I've tried basic tricks and park after one year sporadic boarding. Only the Kitz was intensive.

So, anyway again, I had a few more Kahoonas than the wife, so loved the narrow runs in Kitz, including 2a from the top of the horn. However, my wife got really put off by the 12ft wide runs and sheer drops without netting - she can't carve at speed that narrow. So after Kitz day 1, we went up the Kahn, which was a bit better at the top, but we had to cable car down the bottom as 26 was too narrow (and goes between buildings!) so we spent the last day in the bowl at the Horn which was awesome.

SO ANYWAY....I am planning a trip for us and 4-10 friends for March, and am looking for big wide runs through trees without too many people on in Europe. Not too bothered about steep runs, reds are about where we are, but every time I see video from say Whisper/blackcombe/parkcity, the runs look as wide as a soccer pitch and as long as a wait for a skibus.

Can anyone suggest anywhere in Europe-ish to go that wont break the bank? I am thinking possibly Italy but not sure on the variety of runs as I think I may have been spoilt in Austria with only doing a run once and never running out of options. We need plenty of apres-boarding though, as we do like a tipple in a nice restaurant or bar afterwards!

Pls help, and sorry it took so long to get to the point!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dennisp, Hi there we also went to Kitz this year and was impresed (appart from the flats)... there ars so many places to choose from in Austria i like the look of St Anton, Soll or Mayrhofen???
Iv been to Tighns/Val in France a few times which is good but for an all round trip with friendliness good apres and bieng able to affrod to eat on the mountain Austria gets my vote Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Alta Badia, Italian Dolomites. The best place I have seen for those wanting easier runs.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
try soll(massive area),zell am see,saalbach
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is St Anton really a good choice for someone who found Kitzbuhel a bit difficult?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, well if they're boarding on reds cant see a problem??? what they're looking for is nice wide runs
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
France is a deffo for variety of runs - just come back from ADH and it was good, but Espace Killy was awesome when we went in December: glacier, tree runs, wide open bowls, powder fields - everything basically.

As for wide runs, La Plagne has it,. although there are a lot of flats. What about PDS? Les Gets and Morzine had nice cruisey, wide runs?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
i remember cervinia as being intermediate motorway heaven. high up and good groomers mean good piste conditions. can't really remember too much about the lift system, don't really recall too many flats either. might be worth a punt?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Specialman, (generalisation alert) but France is likely to break the bank Puzzled
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
rayscoops, ye for sure if they like to eat out and drink out France will break the bank!!!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Apart from black run 38, I remember Kitzbuhel being quite easy. BUT I am not a snowboarder so I guess that makes a big difference. Other resorts I've found to be quite easy are Passo Tonale in Italy and Pas De La Casa/Soldeu in Andorra. The French resorts I've been to (3V, VDI, La Plagne, Avoriaz) are generally less easy, VDI in particular has many undergraded runs, although for sheer scale and variety of pistes there's plenty to choose from. I went to Courmayeur this season, which while great for confident intermediates doesn't have a lot of easier terrain so I probably wouldn't recommend it at this stage...
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hinterglemm/Saalbach was reasonably priced and good wide pistes in genera
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
For fun intermediate piste cruising you'll struggle to beat either Serre Chevailier or the Dolomites IMO.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
avoid swizterland at all costs... it has just broken my bank after 3 days Shocked
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DebbiDoesSnow, tell me about it iv been to Zermatt... shocking Shocked
ski holidays
DebbiDoesSnow, where did you go ?
snow report
rayscoops, yep, if you're eating in hill-side eateries but you can do it cheapo if you DIY/self cater and get a car and do a shop on the way. Can't imagine anywhere in europe is that cheap these days.

What about the tax-free places like Livigno or somewhere in Andorra?
latest report
rayscoops, romeowner, I went to Engelberg. It didnt help that I think the Travelex ripped us off slightly, either that or the exchange rate has jumped since last Thurs
latest report
hey thanx evryone, iti dolomites might get the shout. FYI, it was the steepness, just th narrowness that was a problem. Looks like a move to Euro might be on the cards anway so dolomites might be the surrounding area anyhoo,

Thx for the advice thou.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy