Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Any body else going to the Summer Camp in Les Deux Alpes?

Poster: A snowHead
RachelQ, Great, I'll shoudl be able to confirm next week too.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jonm, sounds like you and Mogs are made for each other. snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
FastMan, I'm sure I'll be able to pick you up. I stayed once in the Station Hotel which was fine - very old fashioned then, but it was ages ago.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'm still undecided wether to come to L2A (which will be excellent) or to join the training week (towards Landes, but its not the Landes course itself) with Snowsports Academy (where I did/do the instructor courses) (which will also be excellent).

Charlotte/Fastman have the better location and accomodation by far, but it seems I get more instructor time in Kaprun. Another bonus is the Kaprun week is in german (which is good practice for me, as again, i do the qualifications with them)

Instructor wise its Charlotte+Fastman vs Staatlich/Instructor trainers, doubt there is a whole lot between them Wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ronald, I can almost guarantee that we would have a different approach which would have long term benefits for your Landes training. Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
easiski, I'm sure of that. Both will have different, but good benefits; else it would be easy, wouldn't it Wink

I expect worldclass instruction from both Wink

Unfortunately I don't see it happen to do both, financially. Although it does sound attractive to run a week in L2A, go mountainbiking based from Lauterbrunnen, and then do another week on the Kitz Wink

Nice roadtrip too!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We now have 4 definites for the first week and 1 for the second week. Fastman has put a thread on Epic too. Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
easiski, still up for week 2
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
easiski, what would the accommodation-only cost be for non-skiing friends and partners?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm very interested in this.

easiski,
What's the supplement for a single room Puzzled
Does the lift pass allow you to take bikes on the lifts Puzzled
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, £265 for half board same as for everyone, so long as I book it with the rest.

rich.ll, apologies re the single room - still trying to get this - promise for tomorrow. yes - bikes on lifts as part of the pass.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
easiski, Can you post the supplement for a single room here or email me when you know please? Thanks
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Mogs, Will do - I've left a message for Nikki, and will leave another tomorrow if I don't hear. She may be taking the weekend off of course. Shocked Twisted Evil Shouldn't be allowed! rolling eyes
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've heard from Nikki: there are 3 single rooms (shower but no loo or balcony), can be had at the same price as sharing a double. Doubles all have complete en suite and south facing balconies and the additional supplement for single occupancy is £120.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Quote:

there are 3 single rooms (shower but no loo or balcony), can be had at the same price as sharing a double.

Mogs, sounds good. You can come and sit on our balcony. Or even on our loo if you're desperate. wink
snow conditions
easiski, If I can't get a roomie I would pay the single supplement for a double.
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, that's just spurred me on to make a decision. I'll be your roomie if you'll have me Toofy Grin Have you had any thoughts about getting there yet?
snow conditions
RachelQ, excellent - just saved £120 Very Happy . I was toying with the idea of driving if there was 2 or 3 of us....... otherwise scheduled flight to Lyon, but that might need to be friday night so driving might be quite economical in comparison
ski holidays
pam w, I am really tempted. By the trip and the single room, not to sit on your loo Smile
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, I'd rather fly if possible, having just driven to VT and back. I quite fancy the train although I don't know where to start looking for prices, if we get to Grenoble, there's a coach up to L2A.
snow conditions
RachelQ, yes, I'd rather fly but would also consider the train. ?
latest report
holidayloverxx, Ryanair seem to still fly from Stansted to Grenoble over the summer.
snow conditions
Colin B, no flights available..... also not showing any trains on Raileurope. Easyjet is abou5 £135 to Lyon
snow report
holidayloverxx, They fly Fridays and Mondays I think but not Saturdays.
ski holidays
Colin B, yeah, but I can't take friday off as well - I have just looked at it and it woud be about £150 and that's without excess baggage over 15kg.
snow report
holidayloverxx, Budget Airlines Sad
snow report
the more I look into it the more inclined I am to drive, the distance doesn't bother me and I would be happy to insure another bod if I had a car share.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, I drove down to LDA at Easter. Drove from Calais to LDA on the Saturday with just me driving, probably took about 10 hours. No problem really.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidayloverxx, drive over that way often, it will be a beautiful drive from Grenoble, and it is autoroute all the way from Calais. You don't appear to be travelling on a peak date either. Train fares may not be out until next week (2 months in advance).
latest report
the journey's not a problem but with only 2 of you could be a bit more expensive than flying - maybe not if you take the cost of transfers into account. Might be worth having the car if you spend a few days before or after exploring the area.
snow report
pam w, I'm quite tempted towards the convenience, but as you say the transfers might be pricy and I would probably have to park at the airport if I fly. With car hire as well it certainly would be comparable cost wise. No time to explore, sadly, working life must go on and leave days must be saved for more trips. If tesco voucher tickets are available on eurotunnel then I coudl almost cover the cost of that.

Helen Beaumont, thanks, will keep checking the train option.

easiski, can you give us any idea of what transfer arrangements woudl be possible at that time of year from Grenoble station?
latest report
holidayloverxx, Or I'll sort you out a ferry
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, Tesco voucher tickets on the tunnel shouldn't be any problem. Book sooner rather than later - you can change if you have to, and it won't cost you any more than if you'd left it later (ie nothing to lose by booking early).
ski holidays
pam w, it might be a problem, they have limited availability and might not have any slots so I agree early booking better, but I don;t want to book too early as we haven't really finalised with easiski that it's definitely on, and if I can travel with RachelQ, that woudl be better but she doesn't fancy going by car which then brings the train/flights into the equation, all a bit up in the air until we start to firm up.

JT, thanks, bear it in mind
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, I've been doing Tesco voucher travel on Eurotunnel for years and never had any problem with availability - but I suppose there's always a first time.

If you fly there might well be others to share a transfer?
snow report
pam w, last year i had to send my tokens back for a refund as the "quota" had been filled. Tesco said there shouldn't be quotas but had had a few instances of it. no problem to refund but I had to pay cash for the trip .

On the flights we don't know of anyone apart from me and rachel who are going that week (I think), so its hard to make a judgement. how many? on what flight? arrival time? hopefully charlotte will be able to advise.

... thanks for trying to be helpful though.
snow report
I'm tempted. If I go I'll bedriving so I cantake my bike. I'll try and decide over the weekend.

Is the telepeage useful, and where can I get one?
snow conditions
rich.ll, which week?
snow report
holidayloverxx,
Good question. I'm so indispensible at work I could do either (or both). Would you be interested in travelling together?
latest report
rich.ll, very possibly, but also very much want to travel with Rachel and I wouldn't want her to be lumbered with high transfer costs if I troll off by car leaving her to travel alone by air/train. I think we might need to go into a collective virtual huddle to consider the options. I think part of it for me is that I have no idea what transfer options are available from Grenoble station- i.e. connection times of the coach to LDA, cost. I do have an idea about flights to Lyon, but the times weren't great IIRC
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy