Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

whistler advice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi..

i'm looking at going to whistler next year, been to canada many times but never skiing.
whats the prices like? I usually use the beer scale, which probably says a bit too much about me:).

when is a good time to go. Fortunately i can go at 2 days notice so waiting for last minute dealsetc isn't a problem.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As they're holding the winter Olympics in Whistler next season, it will be mega-expensive and mega-crowded. So make sure you go after the show is over.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
uktrailmonster wrote:
As they're holding the winter Olympics in Whistler next season, it will be mega-expensive and mega-crowded. So make sure you go after the show is over.

forgot about that..
think i'll leave whistler next year..
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mugen,

I've just got back from Whistler, having been in the last couple of weeks in March for the last 5 years. In my experience, this is a pretty good time to go, since you have a well-developed snowbase, generally good conditions and more daylight.

I'm planning for the same time next year, since all the Olympic/parlympic profiteering should be over by then.

Talking to people, my impression was that there's a lot of concern about reduced visitor numbers in Olympic year as the aversion factor kicks in. The general opinion was that during the Olympic period, it'll be a zoo, but outside those times, chances are that it will be less crowded than usual, since many people will be staying away. -

Consequently, there may even be some good deals around.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Acacia wrote:
mugen,

I've just got back from Whistler, having been in the last couple of weeks in March for the last 5 years. In my experience, this is a pretty good time to go, since you have a well-developed snowbase, generally good conditions and more daylight.

I'm planning for the same time next year, since all the Olympic/parlympic profiteering should be over by then.

Talking to people, my impression was that there's a lot of concern about reduced visitor numbers in Olympic year as the aversion factor kicks in. The general opinion was that during the Olympic period, it'll be a zoo, but outside those times, chances are that it will be less crowded than usual, since many people will be staying away. -

Consequently, there may even be some good deals around.

great idea.. so now the important question. how much is a beer Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
About $9 for a Guinness in the Dublinh Gate now I think based on a recent report rolling eyes This however is probably the peak of tourist ripoffs - I'd guess around $5 for a bottle of Kokannee on hill.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We've just come back from our 4th trip to Whistler. We just love it!! Plenty of terrain for everyone and great village atmosphere. The Dublihn Gate is Great as is the GLC. We usually stay at the Westin as it's only a short trip to a hot spa in the afternoon and they have ski valet at the bottom of the mountain. Even the hotel type rooms have a kitchenette that you can cook in if you can be bothered.

We are going to give Whistler a miss next year and are maybe looking at Vail or Beaver Creek, or maybe even Japan??
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mugen,

About $6 for a pint in the Whistler Brewhouse - a good microbrew pub.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good old fatbob - Dublin Gate is probably the most expensive beer in Whistler, partly because they are an 'Irish' pub and actually serve beers in REAL pint glasses (approx 568mL - compared to an 'North American' pint of 473mL), and partly because they have a huge selection of international brews, and they often provide live entertainment - plus GREAT food.

Overall though, beer is not cheap, but if you drink at a place NOT at the base of the mountain, the prices are reasonable. You can get pitchers for around $13-15 at the right places year round. NA pints generally go around $5-6.

as for skier numbers - Whistler is expecting low numbers all season long - even during the Olympics. True the village will be packed - with athletes/coaches/media/security/corporate bigwigs and there parties etc - the ski hill will be EMPTY Smile

At a recent Tourism whistler conference, they said they expect 2500 skiers per day during the Olympics - compare that to an 'average' day of 12000, and to a 'busy' day at 20000 (busiest day in last 5-6 years I believe is around 24000)

mmmmmm 2500 is NOTHING Smile
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
yep - ignore the doom sayers, Olympic year is a fine time to go. Early January is a good time to get bargains and quiet runs, they'll be bargains too I'm sure. After the olympics would be a hoot too, I reckon.

With luck I'll be there in 3 weeks at Thx Giving - it's dumping up there right now ...
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
You're right gortonator, it's dumping up there and it's set to continue for the foreseeable future, bring on the season. I'm hearing rumblings that at this rate there's potential it'll be opening next weekend! Even the north shore mountains are getting dumped on just now, i'm just at the bottom of grouse and it has been puked on the last couple of days up top. Wax up those skis snowHead !
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Its Official - Whistler is opening this weekend. Saturday 14th November. Blackcomb will open 26th November as originally planned.

Plenty of snow around, and the forecast is looking good Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Saweet! sorely tempted to hit whistler on sat but might wait until there's more snow at lower level, don't want to be disappointed on my first time there! was up top of grouse today and it has been puked on big time too, sinking up to my knees in the white stuff snowHead .
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DrE, I suspect it'll be fun - go for it. Been there several times on opening day. Lots of good terrain off Big Red/etc for first day of season, but it'd be busy for first two hours, I bet, as everyone will want to ride. Go Sunday ...

We'll be skiing somewhere this weekend. Hood, Crystal and Baker all opening before then - this is some mega storm, and forecast is fo rmore and more and more. And cold by weekend too Cool
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mugen wrote:
I usually use the beer scale

The beer scale gets skewed in Whistler by pitchers. $13-15 for 4 pints.

No one will mind you asking for a pitcher and one glass...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy