Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

neon green gaper lift quotes

Poster: A snowHead
this may have been done before but has anyone got any funny gaper quotes from the chairs,lift queues,restaurants etc..here's one i heard from an aussie guy(love the aussies BTW) on a chamonix chairlift last week..." ah maite, it was sooo f****n cold yestahday, aye hadda weah two paira jeans!" laugh?i nearly s**t myself!!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This thread has about all teh gaper quote enterntainment you could ever want. Some quality stuff:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109620
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Am I a gaper becasue I don't know what gaper means Puzzled

Is because a) I don't hang out with the right people on the slopes or b) I don't spend enough times on internet chat rooms?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I like this one for all sorts of reasons.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stevew, if you tend to be someone who comes out with statements like that aussie did (he wasn't making a joke,he was deadly serious!) then yes you are a gaper...ps..its only a bit of fun...pps..it mightn't be a)because you dont hang out with the right people on the slopes or b)you dont spend enough times on internet chat rooms..it might be c)you are from bradford!!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, lol!!!..this isnt a gaper quote but a quick as a flash answer a mate came out with whilst discussing what to eat for lunch..
girl on the lift with us..i quite fancy something cold..
mate..you should try my x wife!!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowpatrol, Very Happy but why "gaper"
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevew, see here.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
narc, thanx for that..priceless stuff
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
RachelQ, personally don't see why you shouldn't have a gap between your goggles and hat, depends on how hot it is for me, indeed I'd rather just be wearing sunnies and no hat - what does that make Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stevew, I wouldn't worry about it - it's just another in-crowd thing designed to exclude people at random and thereby reinforce group identity. All a bit playground, really.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
From Urban Dictionary:
Quote:
Gapers also do the "Gaper Tuck" which is an attempt at being a ski racer by tucking, however, it is done incorrectly with the poles sticking straight up like thunderbolts and lighting, very very frightning!
Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skiking4, Laughing I like it...
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stevew, Lizzard, white socks and sandals,speedos on any male,trainspotters,planespotters etc etc..are you guys telling me you have never seen someone and thought they looked a bit stupid??or heard someone say something dorky?? i did say in my second post "ITS ONLY A BIT OF FUN"
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
While travelling by coach down a German Autobahn en route to Austria......

"That place must be huge, there have been loads of roads off the motorway going there"
"What place?"
"Ausfahrt!"

And later on same trip, one intrepid traveller is late back to the bus after a stop in a city and is explaining how stupid the local police were when he sought their help.
"You'd think they'd know their city - I kept telling them the coach was parked in Einbahnstrasse and they just kept laughing at me so we just had to keep driving round till I recognised something!"
snow report
how superior and uber-cool / trendy we all are on here

the so-called gapers were probably having a great time enjoying the mountains, while you bunch of losers were posing about laughing at people

you lot the worst of this otherwise very nice site

how's that for a gaper quote losers??
snow conditions
Butterfly, I was also impressed by the generosity of the friendly Germans offering "zimmer frei", confused a very nice lady trying to help me find "Einwegstrasse" and crossed Wales wondering why I hadn't heard of the town of Gorsaf with it's very important railway station Embarassed
ski holidays
barry, bad day?

I still get the occasional "Wow those things are like snowboards!" re my relatively modest 97mm waist skis on chairlifts.

I self gapered myself on my most recent trip by saying purely for the purposes of making conversation: "Those clouds are moving over quick" meaning " with a bit of luck they're the front edge of a storm" to be blanked by 2 American snowboard dudes who simply said "Yep" and rolled their eyes.

I'll "sweet blog" myself now & leave.
latest report
barry, Laughing Laughing
snow report
fatbob, not at all mate, just can't stand the snobbery on here sometimes from nobodies

peace out
snow conditions
barry, dont be thumping your dummy all over the thread..for the 3rd time.."ITS ONLY A BIT OF FUN"...ps..i see your signature is "do you agree with me or are you wrong"..a tad snobby and very contradictory dont you think!!??? he steps back into the pocket,he shoots,he scores,and thats the game!! 1-0 snowpatrol (aka mr nobody)
ski holidays
Lizzard Very Happy
snow conditions
Butterfly, I can out-gaper that one. The first time I stayed in Meribel I had been driven to the chalet in the dark and driven out to the lifts in the morning. On my way back after skiing (on my own) I realised I only had the foggiest idea where it was. I did remember it was near a bus stop called "Ecoliers". I soon discovered that all the school bus stops were called that..... doh Puzzled I went into a little supermarket and asked, but all the shoppers were English chalet kids and it was early December - they knew nothing. Eventually, when it was pretty dark and my feet pretty sore, and I really, really, needed a stiff drink, I saw some people sitting round a table chatting and climbed down the garden path and knocked on the window, thinking I was in the right vicinity. Fortunately it was my chalet......though I'd been on the rod above. The inhabitants had been wondering about whether they should raise the alarm (it was a last minute cheapie and I had gone alone and split up from the others during the afternoon, because they were younger, faster than stronger than I was and I was skiing beyond my limits).
ski holidays
mr nobody (first name Loser??), just because I'm always right, that don't make me a snob, it just a fact Laughing

have you ever considered that maybe people in the "wrong" gear, the so-called gapers either can't afford all the latest or really don't give a damn. In either of those cases, they then encounter someone taking the p*ss out of them - How would you feel if the roles were reversed? How would you feel if someone did that to your kids or OH?? How would you feel if someone new to the sport but keen as mustard and loving try it out and being out on the hill, a "gaper", never returned to the mountains because they were afraid of being laughed at??

Had I been on that chairlift with you, I would've dumped you off it without hesitation

I'm outta here, smell ya later
latest report
barry, ok ok..youve obviously got a bag of chips on each shoulder..i know what it is..you wear one of those 1980s fartbags dont you?...it was my topic,just thought i'd lighten things up a bit..thank christ there are some out there who dont take things as seriously..ps..dumped me off it indeed Laughing
ski holidays
apparently fartbags are the very latest thing, if you're really cool (as opposed to just past it). The 17 year old son of friends, a very keen (and good) skier has just spent his entire lot of birthday money, on a purple "Gangsta" suit shipped from the USA. Trouble is, it's too hot here at the moment to consider wearing such a thing.....
ski holidays
pam w,noooo,stop..youll give me nightmares!!
snow conditions
I presume these are the people that pronounce Tignes as 'tig-ness' and such like...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar, have to say that in quite a few cases (& probably a fair few of the 'attitude kings' on those threads) the aussie snowboarder might just have a point...
snow conditions
For what it's worth, the "gaper gap" (or "gorbie gap" to Canadians) is goggles and beanie with a gap - because you get a slightly odd looking patch of sunburn on your forehead as well as the regular goggle tan. I do love seeing random people in their jeans and sunglasses kicking around the mountain, but they don't wind me up or do anything but raise a smile. The uber-rich in their Bogner one pieces or other ridiculously overpriced stuff always look out of place and a bit daft too.

The only thing I hate in the ski community is the pathetic "more hardcore than tho" types that think the latest xxxxl jacket and skiing like a constipated monkey to look "steezy" is a good idea, that feel the need to be aggressive and point out "gapers". Yes, some people look a bit out of place - happens in all walks of life. Why is it on snow they're open to public abuse?O They bought a lift ticket not a fashion show ticket. Oh, and If I hear another emaciated middle class white kid on mummy and daddies money that can't get around the mountain to save their life tell me they're a gangsta I'm going to hurt someone.
snow conditions
DaveC, Laughing Laughing
snow report
DaveC, i dont understand your thread--are you not being hypocritical--you say you raise a smile at people who wear jeans and sunglasses but it doesnt wind you up or do anything but raise a smile--then you mention "emaciated middle class white kids on mummy and daddies money" and now you're going to hurt someone?has everyone not the right to be on the mountain?
ski holidays
To be more explicit, I have no problem with people looking silly, I have a big problem with people with aggressive and bizaare attitudes towards others on the mountain - as I explained in my last post - especially considering the irony of their situation (what exactly is gangster about ridiculously oversized outerwear from a ski company, on a mountain that's not cheap to be at, etc, etc.).
latest report
Talking of middle class white boys replay for a classic particularly the cow bit

http://youtube.com/v/7H7OoKI5-yg&feature=channel_page
snow report
offpisteskiing wrote:
rob@rar, have to say that in quite a few cases (& probably a fair few of the 'attitude kings' on those threads) the aussie snowboarder might just have a point...

Which is the main reason I found that quote so funny Smile
latest report
Holy... that's a parody right?
snow report
rob@rar, I got it (as someone who's skied all my off-piste this season on slalom skis... Wink Laughing )
snow report
DaveC wrote:
For what it's worth, the "gaper gap" (or "gorbie gap" to Canadians) is goggles and beanie with a gap - because you get a slightly odd looking patch of sunburn on your forehead as well as the regular goggle tan.

I can do better than that. As you know it is seriously tropical on the slopes at the moment. I was skiing around in my JMB canary yellow sweatband the other day and ended up with a white band round me head! I guess that would make me a hardcore gapper.
snow report
Yes, beware headbands once the hairline starts receding ! Blush
snow report
beequin wrote:
Yes, beware headbands once the hairline starts receding ! Blush

Happy, you had me at "beware headbands"
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy