Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

French Speeding Fine ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Richie_S wrote:
Embarassed

Anyhoo, I wondered what anyone else has done with these?

)

Cancel your card ,,,,,,,,,,,,,quickly now in your case wink The hire company can not charge a cancelled/reported stolen/lost card wink

Been there,done that

Mark
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Guvnor

Oh dear.

Post 1 = Speed camera & hello
Post 2 = Stereotyping, speed when, where and how i ride.

To address the hypocrite/ liar element.

The road in question was a french motorway/ toll road at around 0500hrs en route to get the eurotunnel back to blighty having been an ANOTHER trip to france with friends. Therefore 1, i knew the road. 2, the road conditions were conducive to my speed. 3, My casual disregard for the law, is fair enough, though IMO justified. IF on the other hand, the roads had been congested then in the first instance traveling at speed is more complicated due to other road users, so would i have done the same thing? unlikely given that those drivers whom would have slowed for the camera would have casued traffic to condense, thus i would have adjusted my speed accordingly.

Now everyone is entitled to thier opinion, personally i dont have a problem with waving at a mechanism for funding governments, especially given that i could "get away" with it.

By your own admission you have no real knowledge of the factors that cause biker fatalities other than you "believe" speed causes them. IF you are interested - google. If not then oh well.

I too have a clean licence - albeit only 12 years worth - but having passed through the most common ages for accidents in cars and bikes i consider this testament to the fact that i ride within my limits and appropriately to the conditions and the attendance of Rider training sessions with Wilts Police and the IAM have contributed to this.

Like you i decide where and when i break the limit - it just happens that you have taken umbridge that i waved at a camera whilst exceeding the given limit, i doubt that what i have written makes a difference to your opinion - it might do but if it doesnt then i expect neither will loose any sleep over it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
matricks, Cool
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
[quote="matricks"]
Guvnor wrote:
[b]achilles[/baccidents involving motorcycles are increasingly the fault of car drivers (in some cases upto 50%) whom are not paying attention, whilst on the phone, smoking, eating, drinking, tuning the radio, talking, fiddling with various buttons and generally not paying attention to whats going on outside their metal cocoon.

The total obsession with speed limits ignores all of these causes. It really bugs me that people think it is acceptable to drive around and not pay attention. Then some braindead "expert" decideds that lowering the limits to silly levels will solve this problem, resulting in even more frustrated and bored drivers.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Speed cameras will not automatically flag you as an offender if you exceeded the speed limit. if for example the speed limit is 40 mph and you run through a speed camera at 42 mph, the system will record it to the database but will not flag it for penalty. If you were traveling at 50 mph, it will really flag you but it's just a small difference it will flag unless you've done it like 10 times.

GeeksKing
Action Cameras Expert
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
GeeksKing, you might like to remove the link. I really did think it was a link related to your comment, and not just pimping a site.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Topsmoke wrote:
Richie_S wrote:
Embarassed

Anyhoo, I wondered what anyone else has done with these?

)

Cancel your card ,,,,,,,,,,,,,quickly now in your case wink The hire company can not charge a cancelled/reported stolen/lost card wink

Been there,done that

Mark

No good.

My snow boarding mate is manager of a central London branch for Eurocar. If they are unable to recover any fines, damage costs or parking tickets from your card, they will black list you and share the data with all other major hire companies.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We were flashed in both France and Switzerland last autumn and heard nothing. However, British police took only a nano-second to send me a notice for speeding the other week. 46mph in a 40mph zone. Sad
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
An agreement between nearly all the EU Licensing Authorities recently came into force, I think on the 1st March. This finally meant that the UK Authority agreed to share it's database with the Europol countries. Previously the UK had refused to sign an agreement, based on the grounds of it being "insecure"! Laughing Hence all those "Johnny Foreigners" the Mad Mail readers go on about were able to get away with not paying fines, exactly as the Brits did while gracing the Mainland! I have a contact who is quite high up in Europol and they told me that it was quite categorically the UK that was baulking at signing, despite all the hoohah to the contrary in the UK press. The Austrians have nabbed me more times than I care to admit, but then they like hitting on German registered cars Crying or Very sad When I had a car with UK plates it was great - park wherever I wanted to and make a collection of the parking tickets, the Austrian police were courteous to me and apologetic if I got caught in one of their Deutsche-Traps with on the spot fines.

This now means that they can and most probably will pursue you for the fine, either asking for the dosh up front or via the DVLC - so too high and you could end up with points on your license. I've got to trade in my UK license this summer for a German one Crying or Very sad which means they can finally put on the points I have accrued on my license.

Sue Sad Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Samerberg Sue, Thanks for the info. Glad my bike doesn't get hit on the rear facing cameras Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
GeeksKing wrote:
Speed cameras will not automatically flag you as an offender if you exceeded the speed limit. if for example the speed limit is 40 mph and you run through a speed camera at 42 mph, the system will record it to the database but will not flag it for penalty. If you were traveling at 50 mph, it will really flag you but it's just a small difference it will flag unless you've done it like 10 times.

Absolute and utter rubbish.

With all speed cameras currently in use, you are either "done", or nothing is recorded. There is no facility in the systems to keep a record of vehicles which have exceeded the limit by a small amount on a number of occasions.

It is true that you will not usually be done for a small amount over the limit (in the UK normally 10% + 2mph is the threshold), but if you are not done for it, no record is kept.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
alex_heney, Most gov's can't even keep the records they should Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've been flashed several times for speedng and red light jumping but never nicked for it.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy