Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Who is the Greatest skier in the World?

Poster: A snowHead
troublemaker wrote:
Another vote for Jon Olsson as best all-rounder

Ive never seen him ski a line.

Just sayin'
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mines a "was" rather than an "is". For me the greatest ever skier was Sondre Norheim.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I reckon Lara Gut could have quite a big impact in the next few years. Don't forget us girlies!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Got it. Hugo Harrison - the fastest guy down a mtn (when it's not pisted/race prepared).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
i like Tina Maze, but that cause she's extremely hot..

sorry but these things matter to me Smile
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Seth Morrison -has to be the best freerider -period. And what a cool dude!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowbandit, He's awesome but he stopped competing in Freeride events because he didn't like the fact it was a judged sport and was supposedly on the end of a couple of questionable decisions in Freeride events. Seb Michaud hucks just as many backflips than SM and he does it under the pressure of competition. I think the fact he lives his life on film means his profile is higher than most other skiers in the World, I think he's World class but not the best for me. Would love to see him put it on the line against some of the top boys though. Jeremy Jones was filming for years and decided to enter the Verbier extremes snowboard at 42 and kicked butt so you never know..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
powderslut, To be fair for the Eaglemeister he probably does have World Class Cohones....
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FREESKIER, you need to watch more ski vids wink

He rips.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Out and out down hiller- Franz Klammer. Smile
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
To some extent, this is a question that cannot be answered... Best at what? Huge mountain lines versus, eg, downhill racing. I am sure that Micah Black and Seth Morrison could run a downhill race, but their times probably would not be that great compared to the top-10. Equally, I am sure that Benny Raich has done some big lines, but I doubt he match Black for back-country insanity.

It is like saying which is better - a Lambo or a Landcruiser? Depends on where you are and what you want to do with it.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ulmerhutte, absolutely true. Well, in fact, strictly speaking 100% wrong. The question can never be definitively answered. We do replay these threads but it's just displaced enthusiasm and it does no harm. The answer reflects the prejudices of the author.

Any of those people who put Jon Olsson are probably the most balanced.

Micah Black goes back a bit, was a bum lander ? His mate, yet again, whose name I can't remember, I rated higher because he landed skiing.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
arv wrote:
FREESKIER, you need to watch more ski vids wink

He rips.

I thought i'd seen them all Sad Puzzled

Nah tbh tho i just havent seen Jon ski anything other than booters.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Late joiner to the thread...

Maier and Raich as out are undoubtedly two of the best (ever). Also thing Rhalves should be up there for his adaption to compete in different forms of ski racing (he's been very successful since his switch to skier-x).

I don't really watch, and definitely don't do park skiing or hucking cliffs... But
this guy (Joe Murrell) has to be up there if you include the park rats. He's British and learnt to ski with one of the guys on my course last week (the guy on my course was, apparantly, better at tricks to begin with, but has been somewhat overshadowed in the last few years by his younger neighbour...)
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dean Cummings has got to be well up there too. I was watching a documentary on the making of one of the latest freeride movies and Cummings was acting as an advisor. The young stars of the movie were genuinely in awe of the guy. After they had filmed their segments, Cummings then skied a line that in one of the youngster's words "made us all look like pussies".
snow conditions
uktrailmonster,

That was in the film 'Respect' IIRC ...notable for the amount of avi's they set-off...
ski holidays
skisimon, I was in Saas Fee when Joe Murrell did that and and no doubt he is very talented, and no disrespect to him but he is not World Class. The Big Air at the Brits last week was won with a switch 900 which wouldn't even get you anywhere in a European competition never mind at World level. We have an exciting crop of youngsters coming through who are improving all the time but still short of World level.
snow conditions
Aure'
latest report
Tanner Halls pillow section in "Believe"

http://youtube.com/v/w0KliNB-gZ0
Ridiculously good skiing.....
snow report
norris, I love this segment but still not a patch on Candide Kamera..
snow conditions
Gsyfreerider,

I think he is a better skiier than Candide (personally) he is more graceful for sure
latest report
IMO Tanner looks good in the air but as soon as he is on the snow the difference between Thovex and THall is remarkable, Tanner doesn't have a patch on him.
snow conditions
I'm with SMALLZOOKEEPER for once. For current non-racing skiers I can't think of anyone who's a better skier than Aurelien Ducroz. The others mentioned just have better marketing NehNeh Better get to work SZK! Smile
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, if you didn't fit his boots.....Aurelien V Henrik Winstedt skiing to the best of their ability who wins ? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
kiwi1 wrote:
Mines a "was" rather than an "is". For me the greatest ever skier was Sondre Norheim.

If you're considering "the greatest skier" as the person who made the greatest advance in skiing and its development as a recreational sport, then I think you're correct, although Hannes Schneider of the Arlberg ski school comes a close second IMO.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy