Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

where to mount dukes onto 179 obsetheds

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi,i am 5 11",180lbs,ski pow,bc agressively,only on cordouroy as a last resort..09 obsetheds @179..got a pair of dukes on the way and want advice on where to clamp them..anybody had much skiing on them who can advise?googled it but very conflicting reports!!anything from on the line to +7 has been touted!! any advice welcomed..TIA

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 3-04-09 8:48; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sorry dunno. Never seen a pair in the flesh. Suggest a specific search on TGR
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snowpatrol wrote:
hi,i am 5 11",180lbs,ski pow,bc agressively,only on cordouroy as a last resort..09 obsetheds @179..got a pair of dukes on the way and want advice on where to clamp them..cant decide on centered or +2?googled it but very conflicting reports!! any advice welcomed..TIA

Hang on arent centered and +2 and completely different mounts.

I would just go ahead and mount them on the traditional line 0. -7.5 from chord center.

Unless you are skiing switch?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
spyderjon wrote:
Sorry dunno. Never seen a pair in the flesh. Suggest a specific search on TGR

x2, search and then if no joy, ask if anyone's got any thoughts - mention what type of skiing you want to do on them, and don't be suprised when you get told to search Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dave c..everything you have said to do i have done and explained in the question!!i have given my height, weight, where and how i ski,that i have searched it finding conflicting reports,what bindings are going onto what skis and have asked if anyone's got any thoughts!!
freeskier..they are completely different mounts which is what i want advice on!!i would like your thoughts on why you suggest traditional as opposed to +2..BTW,
i hardly ever ski switch
i want to know how much difference mounting at +2 as opposed to centred would make on the obsetheds?TIA
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowpatrol wrote:
dave c..everything you have said to do i have done and explained in the question!!i have given my height, weight, where and how i ski,that i have searched it finding conflicting reports,what bindings are going onto what skis and have asked if anyone's got any thoughts!!
freeskier..they are completely different mounts which is what i want advice on!!i would like your thoughts on why you suggest traditional as opposed to +2..BTW,
i hardly ever ski switch
i want to know how much difference mounting at +2 as opposed to centred would make on the obsetheds?TIA

I dunno mate, i havent really experimented. Ive skied the obsethed twice when i went cat sking and they were mounted on the line. Felt good to me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowpatrol, I had my 08 seth's mounted +3 with barons and they felt good. I'm similair size and weight and wouldn't want them mounted at center.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kristof wrote:
snowpatrol, I had my 08 seth's mounted +3 with barons and they felt good. I'm similair size and weight and wouldn't want them mounted at center.

Just a small FYI the line on the 08 Seth and the 09 Obsethed are in completely different places.

+3 08 is pretty much on the line in the 09.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowpatrol wrote:

Sorry, to be more specific - my thought was that you're asking in the wrong place, and lots of people on TGR will of mounted Obsetheds, whereas very few will of on Snowheads.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I mounted my Obsethed's with Jesters on the +5 line. I ski alot of switch but didn't want to compromise on powder skiing.

So far they've been perfect. I'd guess if your doing a lot of touring, you'll probably be skiing alot of powder so I'd say that aroun +3 to 0 will probably be best for you, unless you do ski powder switch, in which case +5 to 0 is probably best.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
buckers, cheers for that info..glad to hear from someone thats actually skied them!rarely ski switch..+3 sounds good to me for AT ..DaveC,thanks for that..youre right..a lot of clued up guys on tech talk on that site
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy