Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone for skiing/boarding around Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I would love to squeeze in another trip this year. Cant make snowHead's EoSB.
I am available to travel between Apr 8th and 19th (need to be back by 19th) I would like to get 6-8 days on the slopes.
If anyone is up for it we can try to put together a cheap and cheerful selfcatering trip with shared, costs, cooking and driving. I'm happy to sacrafice comfort to keep costs down but want decent snow so would like a higher resort.

So far what I have in mind is Chamonix, Val Thorens, Tignes, Les Deux Alps and Hintertux (this one is not so easy for driving). I have identified some good value potential accomodation in Chamonix and Val Thorens.

I am planing on driving but am not ruling out flying. My car is a diesel focus estate so carrying 4 people with gear is not a problem. And it is cheap as chips to run (only Eu 180 on diesel for notts-3 valleys return plus over 200 miles driving in resort earlier this year). Ideally we will require some additional drivers.

Here is my estimate of costs per person
Accomodation £100-£125 (depends on numbers) but ive seen some even cheaper than £100
Travel £100 (Inc ferry tolls and fuel) maybe a little less with 4/car
Liftpass £150-£200 (depends where we go)
Food/drink Typically our groups have spent Euro 56-72 for a week on self catering food and drink including breakfast dinner and drinks.
We can probably do a bit better than these prices but they are a realistic guide.

About me: I'm 32 single male decent intermediate skier (ski reds and most blacks down the fall line (most of the time)) have own boots and skis. Very easy going, well able to cook. I'm a first to last lifts all weather skier rather than a late night party animal and getting another week of really good skiing in is what this trip is about for me.

Although keeping costs down I am up for eating out a few nights and hiring a guide or getting instruction if it will add to the over all experience.

Any like minded people interested??? male, female, singles, couples, skiers, boarders please post a reply or PM me.
You know you want to go, next year is a long way off Little Angel
Obviously we are close to the travel date so will need to book something soon. but if anyone is interested I'm sure we can pull something together quickly and cheaply.

Even if you cant go resort/accomodation sugestions will be appreciated wink .
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm mainly looking at Les Deux Alpes now although I have found good value appartments in Val Thorens and Chamonix too.
I am hoping to book a 2 bedroom appartment tomorrow in LDA. The appartment sleeps up to 4 in a double and 2 bunk beds.
Sofar there is still just me Crying or Very sad but will go it alone if I get the appartment at the price I want.

Flights to Grenoble with Ryanair are still cheap from various UK airports (£70ish rtn inc charges + baggage). My plan is to fly out of Stansted back to East Mids late and get 7 full days skiing Very Happy.
If I get more interest I'm still up for driving. but having a car is not necessary here as it is in the centre near to shops and bakery so will now only drive if its a viable money saver (i.e get 2-3 more people.
Im aiming for accomodation to cost approx £100 each if 2 people travel (ie £50 for 4 of us we).
6 day lift pass is €182 about £167 and covers La Grave too.

You know you want to go but dont all reply at once Toofy Grin This should be a great week and very good value.
I'll update with the outcome and hopefully confirm the cost of the appartment ASAP.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi,
I have found some fantastic offers leaving Sat 11th. alpe d'huez,hihgt up so good as its late season, flights from Gatwick, transfers and accommodation, all meals and wine - £30. Want to book asap. Let me know if your interested.

But also interested in what you've found. Call me asap if interested.

Thanks
Tina
07944 036089.
38 - snowboarder
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Ooops, that meant to say £350
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
RPF, Just curious, where did you end up booking?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
BMF_Skier,
Just got a place sorted today. Ended up getting a place in Les Menuires with a view to skiing mainly in Val Thorens. Hughbedo and his mate coming with me.
We are driving and skiing for 8 days got great value on a small appartment near the slopes. I was in Les Menuire in March and had a fantastic trip. So am really excited about getting back again so soon. Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
RPF, Maybe clicky linky here? : http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=51310#1207289
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Megamum, Cheers so focused on LDA I missed this Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy