Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

ski boots on easyjet flights

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, can anyone advise? I'm booked on an easyjet flight and have paid extra to take my skis. There's no mention of ski boots and I can't find any info. Will I have to pay extra for the ski boots? ... Do I need to book an extra bag to allow for the ski-boots on top of paying for the skis?
thanks for any advice.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
graham90, We flew from Liverpool to GVA and return in January, with a boot bag as hand luggage. No comment or problem at either end. This may have been the luck of the draw (or the staff on duty that day wink ) but we were prepared to pay for it if need be - we had paid for normal luggage, no skis. Never came up though.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
graham90, I asked Michelle about this as I had the same concern. As you said, there is no mention of boots on the booking forms/info. She tells me that "Easyjet accept that if you have skis, you need boots" and so the bootbag will be fine if you have already booked ski carriage.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi we flew on easyjet in March. We put our ski boots in our hold luggage packed with our ski clothes. I dont know where you stand about taking them as hand luggage though, personally i wouldnt risk it as i believe that easyjet class them as being sports equipment. Hope this helps.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Just a quick update on this in case anyone asks the quetsoin and searches...... in the end I paid for an extra bag in case BUT this didn't give me any omre weight !!! .. so watch out for that one ! The big thing to note for anyone thinking of taking as hand luggage was that coming back, in Grenoble airport, there were signs to say ski boots could not be be taken as hand luggage and would be destroyed if discovered!
I am going to make enquiries in advance this coming year so I know where I stand and then will update the forum.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Putting your ski boots in the hold luggage is no problem other than it might take your bag over the 20 kg limit. Putting your boots in your hand luggage is pot luck, sometimes its ok other times it is decided by some Easyjet staff and or airport security that the boots could be used as weapon and therefore must go in the hold and be paid for. As i dont take skis I cannot comment on the suggestion that if you have booked ski carriage you will be allowed to take your boots as hand luggage. The safest solution is to put your boots in your hold luggage making sure you keep below the 20 kilos and fill your boot bag up with luggage displaced by the boots. I have had no problems on Easyjet doing this.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
flew lots of times with easyjet taking boots in hand luggage and never had a prob, i just put the boot bag over my shoulder so its not in there face.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
When the forum is next being redesigned perhaps there should be a whole section devoted to this subject ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
truffaut, that's not a bad idea, actually. The search function isn't all that easy to operate and it would be handy to have a section called something like Most Re-visited Topics. Candidates include avalanche ribbons (or whatever they're called) T&Cs, copyright, helmets, car hire, car hire in Geneva, snow chains, compression garments, liability of SCGB reps off-piste, Katherine Jenkins, etc, etc, the list is long!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
truffaut, there is a specific airports info thread to check and add to with updated detail: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=47851

AFAIK Grenoble have a strict no helmets/boots in hand luggage - certainly this was the case last March. Generally if you pay any airline for ski carriage that includes one pair of skis/poles in a bag and one pair of boots in a separate bag, the combined sports allowance sometimes being as much as 32Kg on top of the normal suitcase limit. Some people have also had no problems with 2 pairs of skis in one bag. Don't go paying for an additional bag, as stated above, that gets you no extra weight allowance.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy