Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon Lords delaminated (Snow & Rock)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hamilton, ski length is not a factor when calculating din release settings.

What ht/wt are you? The Lord's aren't that stiff & most owners I've come across ski them too short.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi all
I'm 174cm, weigh about 65kg (10 Stone)... so I don't need 'big' skis; found the Lords a little unweildy on the piste, but fine on powder (well, better than _me_ on the powder.... I'm getting back into skiing after a decade on a board, so have gone from little more than beginner, to doing a fair few offpiste runs, over the last 2 seasons.
I'd tried B3's, but couldn't get a pair easily.
Point about the size was more that 'someone' wasn't paying attention (either at the manufacturers, or at the shop), but odd to package as the wrong size.

oh, and spyderjon, I did think that height wasn't an official factor- but I think 'weight distribution' is one of those imponderables.... On my first outing in the Lords, I lost one ski in a (small) powder stash in between pistes in St Anton, and spent half an hour searching for the thing. First run, new ski... I was proper cursing! Upped the Din 1.5 (4.5 to 6), and was fine.... think I had them on about 6.5 towards the end of last season, but was really starting to crank along on & off the pistes, either trying to keep up with the SO (who is still faster than me _on_ the piste), or the reps from the 'other board', off the piste.
Whilst Din settings are _based_ on a formula, there's scope for interpretation - someone lanky and thin might want higher, all other things equal, than dumpy, no?

Nice website btw - might pop by if I'm in the Outlaw next year....

off to Cham in november for a week with UCPA - counting the days.
h.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Final update - picked up the new skis on Sunday. Props due to Ellis Brigham, and their warranty manager 'JR', for being efficient and courteous with the warranty process... although a negative mark for not checking the length of the first set of skis!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Not Salomon Lords but Salomon T3V factory race skis as used by my 10 year old daughter, these have delaminated on both skis on toe, the ski's are about 12 months old have been well looked after and daughter is expert standard and racer. Tryed to get Ski Bartlett to look at them they advised only 6 month guarantee on de-lam's, got hold of a person in Customer service at Salomon called Kevin (Tel: 01276 404858 E-mail kevin.butler@salomon.com) he advised me skis guaranteed for 2 years, he would not take up case and told me to go back to Barlett, I asked him as a manufacturer if he would have a look at the skis he said no go back to Bartlett, went back to Bartlett same advise on 6 months given. Kevin's attitude was very un- sympathetic and not what I expected from a company that supplies professional sports people and is also seen as a leading brand in ski's. I will continue to try to get this sorted out might even consider small claims court, but one thing is guaranteed unless Salomon change their customer service attitude then my daughter will be moving over to Dynastar. Before anyone asks these ski's were used for 1 training night (2hours per session) on indoor snow not plastic, they are dried after every session and have had no impacts. My advice dont buy Salomon. Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You could alternatively just epoxy them back down saving having to go through warranty. It's only a delam, I wouldn't have bothered with it at all.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Had a pair of Dynastars that delammed about halfway through the season. Had no option but to continue skiing them for lessons, as I couldn't afford to replace them. When I got back to the UK, I took them back to Lockwoods (where I got them from). Dynastar, with no quibbles, replaced them with the new skis that came out in the following season.

Buy from a proper ski company, not one who thinks foam is a good ski building material.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
we've had quite a few pairs of these, and all have delam'd at one point or other more commonly in the tails or around the front binding area and always where the side edge meets the core level, we have always been given a year warranty by the shop, we normally get about 8 months out of them before they start showing signs of it and usually exchange them at around 10 + months, so in reality we could get at a push 20-24 months out of the two pairs if not using aggressive sharpening methods, on some occasions we have managed to upsize at exchange as the kids grow, they are probably not as bomb proof as Fischers etc. but they are lighter and more importantly it's what the kids are happy on. clarky999, the t3v have wood core.

Big Al, I would get Kevin at Salomon to confirm this 2 year thing on email and fwd to Bartlett, I've not heard of a 2 year warranty or 6 months for that matter, normally the ski would go back to the shop, they would then either send pictures of them to Salomon or send the skis back to Salomon for inspection, once fault confirmed by Salomon the shop replaces the skis and Salomon credit the shop, that's how it's been explained to me anyhow.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
gatecrasher, I think the majority of their skis are wood core now, but I still don't have much faith in their build quality.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
A lot of ski tail damage is caused by chucking them in holders on bubbles!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
clarky999 wrote:
gatecrasher, I think the majority of their skis are wood core now, but I still don't have much faith in their build quality.
clarky999, Agree, nearly everything below 130 or lower end in kids skis are more likely to be foam, the adult 3vs have had similar problems over the years but my latest pair are around 18 months old and are still hanging in there so maybe things are getting better.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
like all companies they have a procedure, the warranty on that ski is 2 years from date of purchase (you will need proof of purchase unless the ski is a graphic available for less than the two years ie just been released)

the procedure normally involves going back to the retailer and the retailer sending the ski to the supplier or a third party for inspection and the decision to be made, the retiler then either receives a replacement or a credit if it is a valid claim

can't understand where this 6 months comes from

might also be worth having a new thread as these skis were nothing to do with S&R or a 3 year old thread
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just read the whole of this post, I bought some Lords in 177 second hand.. Done another few weeks on them (not especially carefully Embarassed) and they've held up fine!

Must have been lucky to get a decent set... Although WhiteDot Directors are next as and when I can afford them!
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Welcome Big Al, I am very surprised that you were told that only a 6 month warranty applied (twice) by Bartletts. Do you know who you spoke to, was it by email or telephone and when was this?

Salomon are normally very good with the warranty process, but in line with most manufacturers do not normally speak direct to the customer and as said will direct you back to the retailer. They give a two year warranty on snow but Kevin will only give 12 months if used on plastic. Although not relevant as it is a worldwide warranty, I am assuming you bought the skis from Bartletts.

Minor delaminations and some larger can be very successfully repaired. I suggest you contact Bartletts again as everybody in the shop should know the procedure, but it appears you were somehow misinformed.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Im having the same problem with salomon enduros. I used them once in italynin january and by the time i arrived in france for another weeks skiing the tails were damaged and delaminating. The owner of skivolution in courchevel, dave beattie said he had six pairs he had bought for rental with the same problem. I sent them back to devon ski accessories and they accused me of doing the damage by dragging them on paved areas!!! Been akiing over 40 years and never had this problem. They wont replace them and tried to charge me for repair. Anyone else had one of a bad batch of enduros? Salomon really werent interested as im not a retailer. Am cross at the way im being treated
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I suggest you stay away from ALL Salomon skis. I've skied on Salomon Fury only for two short seasons (20 days on snow max) when bottom started peeling off. Section of approx. 5 inches in the middle is totally delaminated. I have talked to the dealer, they sent them to Salomon just to learn today that they will do nothing about it "due to the age of skis" (two seasons, 20-ish days makes them old...really???)
So, it seems I need new skis and it definitely ain't gonna be Salomon (ever again)
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy