Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Car hire gripe

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
brian,
are they part of Sixt? Yes
Whereabouts at Geneva are they ? On the Swiss side on the left hand end of the car rental desks.

I think the real problem was that it was Boxing Day, no excuse really, but as I said they put it to rights later.
BTW have booked again with them Shocked
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
brian, Just bookmarked that, thanks.
latest report
 brian
brian
Jonny Jones, my pleasure snowHead

Slowplough, thanks, I saw the Sixt desk at the left hand end, wasn't sure if Sixti were separate somewhere else.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well I've just had a response saying that they are not giving me a refund. I still think I have a case “Car and Unlimited mileage, Third Party Cover, Collision Damage & Theft Waiver, VAT, Licence and Fees, Road Tax & Airport surcharge. Excludes Ins. Excess, One way fees & Extras” sounds to me that there shouldn't be a "Premium Station Service Charge" which I have been charged so I'll persue this some more. Also I think that a VW Lupo and a Fiat Punto are not equivalent cars. All in all I'm not impressed and would never have booked with them if I knew that I was going to have to pay all these extras. DO NOT BOOK WITH AIRLINE NETWORK!!!!!!!!

All in all I'm an unhappy bunny Crying or Very sad
snow conditions
 brian
brian
Chris Reed, that'll be not leaving it with a full tank, yeah ? I agree that is a bit of a rip off but it's usually in the small print.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
brian, It was left with a full tank and we told them it was.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I usually use www.travelsupermarket.com which searches for the cheapest quote from a large number of suppliers. I used them last month for our trip to Serre Chevalier. I tried myself with loads of suppliers, including Brian's link above, and the price couldn't be beaten, 6 days Renault Megane, all-inclusive , CDW etc for £133. I have just booked yesterday for Canada, and got a similar all-inclusive deal. Both times the cheapest quote was with a company called cheap-car-hire.com. When I cloicked the link to book the price was actually lower than quoted.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chris Reed, Airline Network and Holiday Autos are both 'brokers'/'agents'. The facts of the matter are that they are both bound by the car hire company's Terms and Conditions. Admittedly I have never had the issue with airport surcharges from Holiday Autos ( could just be luck) but I have had problems with car size definitions . You will find that if you research it carefully that companies like Hertz and Avise have fewer 'real' categories while some others ( including Europcar) have a myriad of tiny differentials which are difficult to understand.

Howver the upgrade issue is a thorny one - I got caught by HA/ Avis (??) in Dublin last year - and if you do book through a broker you will find them ( the rental station) much less accomodating than the rental companies themselves - reason being is that brokers typically get 25% commission, whilst committing to VERY onerous Ts and Cs. My wife once got caught by HA/Europcar with 'the only car left is a Kangoo' to drive 300+ miles across France.

Despite a lifetime in travel, I still do not know the answers. However , my personal experience is that Hertz and National are the most forgiving in Europe... but very personal.

P.S. Late return of a broker car invariably ends up with major additional charges as you commit to new rental as it were for the day in question.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy