Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmets....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I finally found a helmet that (just about) fits. It's by O'Neill and is pretty much totally enclosed, the ear pieces aren't detachable and there's only teeny tiny vents but it feels nice and snug. However, I'm being really cool and wearing it while watching telly and it's starting to feel really quite heavy! I've never worn a helmet before so I'm wondering if it's just because it's a strange feeling and everyone goes through it or should I re-think something quite so... sturdy?
Puzzled
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I think you need counselling, but worry not, there are a hundred an one would-be counsellors on the forum with views on wearing or not wearing helmets while watching tv , each desperate for yet another thread in which to repeat their views
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ccl, Laughing Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I suppose I did ask for that one! Confused
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CSki, don't listen to them. While the risk of getting hit on the bonce by a slalom pole whilst sat in your front room watching ski sunday is generally regarded by most authorities as lower than when actually skiing, modern helmets are so convenient that that shouldn't put you off. Shin guards and a back protector are also so comfortable these days so do consider getting those too. BTW detachable ear pieces essential if you want to hear the telly as well as watch it, but don't worry about the tiny vents as modern televisions don't make half as much heat as the old ones did. Hope this helps. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
slikedges wrote:
CSki, don't listen to them. While the risk of getting hit on the bonce by a slalom pole whilst sat in your front room watching ski sunday is generally regarded by most authorities as lower than when actually skiing...

I'm sorry, I disagree. I would put forward the case that CSki probably only intended to watch Gardener's World but the added security of wearing a helmet has allowed for the added dangers of Ski Sunday. Mark my words... it'll all end in SCGB Ski Skool DVD's.... Shocked
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Slightly less worried about being the young and immature one on the EoSB! Thank you very much for all the input, I would like to add I'm certainly not cool enough for Gardener's World and was indeed watching repeats of the Schladming night slalom so perhaps I was a bit jumpy and overly worried. Cool
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
CSki wrote:
Slightly less worried about being the young and immature one on the EoSB! )

Laughing Laughing You definately don't need to worry about that. wink

Although, we have probably been a little unfair here... your query was originally about how heavy it feels, yes?

I have no idea, having never worn one, but I'm sure someone with a properly sensible answer will be along shortly.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Schuss in Boots, that's my issue too, I really don't know how it's supposed to feel. Sod it, I swapped it for a lighter one and shall expect many a ridiculing in 3 weeks time!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CSki, Oh, you'll get that anyway... its almost obligatory.... or is that just me...? Confused Laughing
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
CSki wrote:
... I'm being really cool and wearing it while watching telly and it's starting to feel really quite heavy!

I'm glad you mentioned this. You make me feel less weird.

On another thread the danger of hitting your head by slipping in the bathroom was mentioned, so I wore mine in the shower yesterday.

I am wondering how others go about washing their hair? I tried squirting the shampoo in through one the vents, but it was hard to aim the shampoo and hard to guage how much had gone in (and almost impossible to massage it in). I didn't even bother with conditioner Confused

Has anyone any tips?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Ray Zorro wrote:
You make me feel less weird.

Sad
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Ray Zorro, first tip: get some hair Wink !
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
According to yesterday's Times, Ellis Brigham has sold out of helmets.

I think it might because of England performances in the ODI cricket. I've been banging my head against the wall anyway.

snowHead
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Ray Zorro,
Quote:
(and almost impossible to massage it in)

Not true. Hold helmet in hands firmly, shake (head) vigorously. Job done. Madeye-Smiley

Quote:
Has anyone any tips?

Are you turning into DG? It was just a post FGS! rolling eyes
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy