Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

is expensive ski wear worth it

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
pam w,
Quote:

I wore a £50 Trespass jacket from TK Maxx for 3 solid seasons (from Christmas to close of play,

Yes so did I (D2B - same/similar) , well first two years - there is a bit of inverse snobbery in me, and I argued the case for 'cheap' to the n'th degree in a previous aforementioned thread.. but the D2B thread prompted me to take a more open view and 'investigate'. I wish I hadn't persevered now with the D2B. Parted with my money and haven't looked back. Just came back from Les Arcs (8 weeks this season - not as much as you..), so I think I've given the new jacket a fair trial. There is no comparison.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
So many brands that i havent heard off, dono what to get. Have some Trespass gear. The jackets being grand 3 seasons now. Salopettes seem to be a prob with me, keep ripping them. Thinking of a new pair but dono what brand to get as im am quite hard on them. Gotten into freestyle since the middle of last season so not very good yet & crashing lots Toofy Grin Any suggestions from any1? Puzzled
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

Thinking of a new pair but dono what brand to get as im am quite hard on them. Gotten into freestyle since the middle of last season so not very good yet & crashing lots

then maybe spending a lot of money is not such a great idea? Be tragic to spend loadsadosh and then rip them, first time out. T K Maxx is your friend.

I now have a rather flash Head jacket, but it was bought in one of Filarinski's Dutch auctions, around 1130pm, at 70% discount. It replaced the old Trespass one and I hope it proves as long-lived. It's super-comfortable, which is my key priority - I don't tend to slide down icy ridges or hike for hours. wink It's only done one season so far - but going strong.

It's nice to have gear you find comfortable, and which looks good, but paying full retail price for the latest thing is, as someone said at the beginning of this thread, only for people with more money to spare than I have. It's worth paying top dollar for expertly fitted boots - everything else is bought in sales, as far as I am concerned.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy