Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

No Smoking resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
i am a smoker, and i am happy for smoking to be banned in restaurants and bars (it has pretty much already been banned in all other public places,cinemas, etc, anyway). I must admit i do smoke in bars at the moment because i can - but if i cant i will go outside. i dont smoke in my house if there are non smokers there, as i dont want them breathing my smoke.

PS i think if there wasn't a massive taxation surplus from the cost of treating smoking related illness's (from both direct tobbaco tax, VAT from retailers and corporate taxation then the government would ban tobbaco completley. PS i don't think a non smoker can really comment on the difficulties of nicotine withdrawl as they have never directly experienced it!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Manda I think richmond come out on top there, time to step off the pedestal. Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:
PS i don't think a non smoker can really comment on the difficulties of nicotine withdrawl as they have never directly experienced it!

Well true, but on the same lines, as it will be dependant on physiology, amount smoked and amounts of nicotine in the cigarettes (which can vary from pack to pack, let alone brand to brand), by the same token, it's difficult for one smoker to comment on the difficulties experienced by another smoker. wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You only need to look at the relative ease with which a lot of people give up smoking to know that there is more going on than a simple biochemical addiction. The very uneven distribution of smokers between socio-economic groups, age groups and the genders supports this. There is a strong social element (as well as an antisocial element) to smoking.

Anecdotal evidence coming up. At university almost all my friends smoked. Now only one does and I have no reson to believe that she wishes to stop. None of the givers up gave me any indication of going through hell when giving up; they had reached a stage when they thought 'I don't want to do this any more, I'll stop.', and they did. They are all reasonably well educated, reasonably well heeled, reasonably happy, middle class people, FWIW. Doesn't prove a thing, but there we are.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
You only need to look at the relative ease with which a lot of people give up smoking to know that there is more going on than a simple biochemical addiction.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one as I don't see that so can't look at it. wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Just a thought - Which is fairer from a "spending my taxes" point of view?

A smoker who is paying for potential treatment by the various taxation on tobbaco consumption

A Skier who injure Puzzled s themselves and then receives treatment on the NHS on their return to the UK
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
sorry about the syntax
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy