Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Scratch Sprayer BC

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im after some new skis on a budget, im 6ft and 83kg and having searched high & low iv struggled to find any good skis, i like the look of these and they fit my price range but google doesnt bring a huge amount of infomation on them. I stay on piste, medium+ speeds but iv not got much experience with twin tips.

Does anyone have any experience with Rossignol Scratch Sprayers?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Rossignol-Scratch-Sprayer-BC-Skis-170cm-Bindings_W0QQitemZ290288146898QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_SportsLeisure_Skiing_Skis_JN?hash=item290288146898&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

thanks guys Smile

edit; would the 170cm be a bit short or me, or would it be still be usable for someone who is 6ft?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you skied an 88mm waist before?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
i havnt, iv done a lot of skiing but not on any new equipment. I leave for the slopes on friday (left it late due to a few problems with other sellers), and intend to some more indoor skiing over the summer with some uni mates.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
IMO they're decent skis for slushy or bumpy piste at 25 mph; beyond that - meh.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In terms of the length, would 170 be suitable?

thanks guys Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Andehh, 170 and factory binding mount would be suitable for bumps-smashing and spinning tricks, yes.

For piste or powder use, I would go 182 and 2 cm back.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For what it's worth I bought a pair of Rossignol Scratch Bling skis as a result of a previous discussion on snowHeads and the good price available online (although nothing like as cheap as the ebay pair you've found). I don't know how similar they are to the Scratch Sprayer BC but I've skied on them for half a month and have loved every minute. A lot of piste work (due to the friends I was with), some light powder, some deep powder, some bumps and larking around (switch, kickers etc.). Got them in a 170 (I'm 5ft 10 and about 78kg) with bindings mounted in the Standard position (rearmost). If the Sprayer BCs are anything like as good (and the ebay ad contains some of the same technical features as the Bling) then you'd be in for a treat, especially for that price.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Dead chuffed to hear it, bought them an hour ago and cant wait for them to be delivered! Very Happy

thanks for the advice guys

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 24-03-09 23:51; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Good for you-let us know how you get on with them!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy