Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Heading to Val Thorens on this Saturday (28th)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got a last minute deal to VT heading out this saturday. Havent been to the 3 valleys before so have a couple of questions if anyone can help me please:

1) Lift Pass. Website has VT, Belleville and 3Valleys passes. Will the VT pass be enough or am i going to want to ski the Belleville valley? The belleville pass is almost as much as the 3V pass! Should we get the passes in advance or wait till we arrive?

2) Shops. Need a helmet, can rent if i have to but would like to buy when i get to VT, presume there are kit shops?

3) where do i go to get a cart neige in VT?

And now to the fun stuff.

Any advice on where to board in VT? Snow report looks good, i would like to find some offpiste as i've not been OP before.

many thanks for any suggestions

n
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The belleville pass covers more area than Meribel and Courchavel combined , but if it's only a few quid extra, I'd go for the 3 valleys pass.
Try the Orelle side (4th valley) covered with all passes. usually quieter and has 3 lovely long high speed runs.
Make sure that you get to do the Jerusalem run in Les Menuires/st Martin.
Carre Neige can be bought with lift pass. Where are you staying.
Helmets no problem buying there but may cost a little more.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
staying in Chalet Boule De Neige in VT.

Wheres a good place to look up what places are good to go to? Its such a large area i should do some planning!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
argh i need to sort rental out for my GF. Should i just do it on Skiset or can anyone advise me a good rental place in VT?

thanks!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
naryn wrote:
argh i need to sort rental out for my GF. Should i just do it on Skiset or can anyone advise me a good rental place in VT?

thanks!

Hi,

We are just back from VT.

We have rented our skis from Eskiador

They had the best deal at the time of booking: Primo Pack for beginners, skis + boots for eur 49

No complains.

I had a problem with my boots that was spotted by our thoughtful ski instructor (snowarea), and the boots were replaced at no cost, no questions asked.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Wed 1-04-09 4:00; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ski republic were doing a 2for 1 offer http://www.ski-republic.com/en/ in Jan
and some of our group used them, but the shop was at the completely opposite end of VT from our digs at the Rue de Soleil, and they had to trudge all the way there on the first day and back again on the last day.

We just used the Sport2000 place in the digs complex and got 5% off from the Altibus tickets.

There is a little free bus that circles every 15 mins or so. Ski Republic is near The Viking which was the best apres ski bar deal with 2 for 1 from 4 til 7...

HTH
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks guys, got it sorted through a sports2000 shop thats near our chalet. Also found out you only need the VT pass and some good places to go so we are set. ciao for now Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy