Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Massif

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just returned from four days in Flaine and it has done nothing but snow for most of the time! We did get a few hours yesterday of sunshine in Morillon but mostly it has just snowed, which means that there is fantastic powder snow to be found throughout the Grand-Massif, even if the visibility has been between poor and very poor most of the time. The runs down to Morrillon village and Samoens Village were open but I didn't ski them. There is good snow to be found in the Flaine bowl under the "egg" Gondola but the number of runs open from the DMC is still very limited because of the lack of snow to fill up the crevasses. Mind you that said there is plenty of good skiing to be found snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Finally worked out how to get some pictures hosted and here they are. First one is how much snow there was on the car after three days!
http://www.geocities.com/chrisreed2005/IMGP0074_1.JPG

And the second one was the chairlift out of Morillon 1100.

http://www.geocities.com/chrisreed2005/IMGP0083_1.JPG

Snow was fantastic snowHead
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice pictures Chris snowHead
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi, im new here, first poster and all. I just wondered how recent these pictures are as me and some friends are off to flaine in a week.

Cheers

Ed
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Burtonboy, welcome to snowheads! snowHead

Chris Reed got back on 25th jan, so those pictures will have been taken between 14th & 25th.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the reply, ive just seen the date on the side of the post rolling eyes

Hopefully there will be some snow there this weekend fingers crossed, although i dont think the conditions are to bad at the moment. Puzzled

Cheers
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Burtonboy, it's easily missed.

Dunno about current conditions (there's some on here who probably do though) but it looks like there'll be more snow over the weekend. Not sure how much though.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Burtonboy,

Welcome!

Flaine's snow record is pretty good. In one year I had difficulty in driving driving through in a 4x4 with snowchains on the tyres!

French mid term break starts from second week of February so you are heading for a lot of queues. Flaine can be very busy at some locations but there are good skiing to be have. Enjoy!
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
saikee, you do realise that Flaine is a dead end?
(Sorry couldnt resist)
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mark Lehto,

Nice one Very Happy

It is a dead end alright but you need to pass it in order to get to the big car park and I was sliding at the time. On that day one car slided off the road and into a slope before it could even reach Le Caroz. Don't think I have another occasion of using chains on a 4x4 again.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Burtonboy, I was there on 30th January and conditions were excellent. I believe that there has been snow since then, so you should be in business.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Im going on the 19th is that half term week?? it thought it was next week.

Metcheck says theres snow starting tomorrow and all day saturday so hopefully it should be good. Thanks for the replys. I will post up some pics when i get back!!

Ed
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Burtonboy, France has staggered half-term weeks, so you can expect crowds anytime durind mid-late Feb. Uk half-terms are also increasingly different. My kids are on holiday this week, but their cousins in a neighbouring county, not until next week.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
You're a bit late there, it's started. Shrove Tuesday or Fasching is a big holiday for a lot of Europe. Slopes are already full of once a year punters, it'll be quite horrible until March now.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
10cm of fresh and its still snowing Madeye-Smiley

http://www.igluski.com/snowreports.cfm?resortid=212&btn=yes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy