Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best place to get bases stone ground in meribel

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I need to get the bases stone ground on my RC4's and the base edge redone. I have all the files etc but after 3 weeks skiing since the last grind, the bases need a grind and the base edge has had it.

Where is a good shop to get this done?, staying in meribel village, but can go on bus to meribel / mottaret etc Just need base edge and side edge at 0 degrees so I can set the base to my usual 0.7 and side to 3 degrees.

Thanks for any recommendations Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
carroz, Try Freeride at La Chaudanne, and talk to Rob, the manager. They won't be able to do them on-site tho' - I think their workshop is in Salins-les-Therms. I've not personally had anything like this done with them, but they seem pretty switched-on generally.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
carroz, Patch, two of us had a grind done in January. It wasnt cheap but i was happy enough. they did my base and side edges to requested angles and the structure was good. My mates skis didnt come up as good though and the bases didnt look as pristine... not sure why

the workshop is down in moutier or salins somewhere but they work overnight and had em ready for 8 am, very good service.

top tip 20% is a typical discount for locals etc and cant hurt to ask.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Patch wrote:
carroz, Try Freeride at La Chaudanne, and talk to Rob, the manager. They won't be able to do them on-site tho' - I think their workshop is in Salins-les-Therms. I've not personally had anything like this done with them, but they seem pretty switched-on generally.

Yeah, Rob keeps his charisma in Salins-les-Therms also. Smile
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you can get to VT Ski Technic attached to the Mecure Hotel ran by Kiwi1's mate looked to have a good workshop. I haven't had anything done there, but they looked like they would be able to manage a base grind on site
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thank you Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy