Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Ellmauhof Hinterglemm - Opinions!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are considering this hotel next year as our daughter will be almost 2 and it looks very child friendly. Plus the location to the slopes looks excellent, which would hopefully make it easy to pop in and out to check on things and swap the babysitting between us.

Has anyone used the creche? I read good reviews on Trip Advisor about the standard of care, although someone mentioned that there was no lock on the door and you didn't have to sign in and out. So I wondered what the security was like?

The only tour operator I could find this hotel on was Neilsens. We've never been with them but would only want the basics, e.g. flight, hotel and transfer. Any views on their service would be welcomed?

Many thanks.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We stayed there twice - once with Neilsen (January 2007) and the second time we booked it directly (February 2008). It was very easy to book direct with the hotel and a lot cheaper. They also offered a transfer from Salzburg airport but we ended up driving as it was half term week and so very expensive to fly. I'm afraid I can't comment personally on the standard of care as we didn't use the creche facilities (our children are now 15 and 12) but there were a lot of young children there, especially the year we went in January. The food was very good and in the evening there is a children's buffet which my children really liked. As it is a farm there are stables next door and they do pony rides for the small children and there were also loads of rabbits you could go and stroke (my kids were in there every evening!). There was also a large games room with a bouncy castle and a paddling pool which we didn't use. I think they have now added a swimming pool - they sent me a brochure for this year but I did notice the price had gone up quite a bit from what we paid last year.

The location for skiing is excellent - you come out of the ski room, ski down a slope which takes you across the car park and you are on the piste. From there you can ski down to a t-bar and from the top of that ski over to the gondola. You are also on the north facing side so if you are still ok if the snow isn't good (as in 2007!). You can also ski back to the car park. The hotel is also near to the floodlit piste so there is no danger of missing the last lift to get you back, although with a two year old this may not be relevant.

It is however a bit of a trek if you want to go into the village. The hotel is at the top of a long steep driveway and I hated walking back up it! We only did it a couple of times though - just to go to the supermarket. We didn't tend to venture out in the evening - had our meal, played cards in the bar, then went to bed.

We went skiing with Neilsens for six years and never had a problem with them. It was only when we had to start going half term week that we tried DIY due to the cost. Looking back now we should have tried DIY much earlier as we'd have saved loads of money and it's very easy to do.

I hope this helps - please let me know if I can be of any more help.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sk8girl, Thank you for the information. It sounds good. I will contact the hotel directly for a comparison quote but Neilsens are charging around £650 per adult to go in mid Jan which seems reasonable for the quality of hotel. We have stayed in Saalbach twice and love the ski area. I may try my daughter on skis for the first time too!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy