Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

WhiteDot Preacher Review

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
kiwi1, anywhere to test these in the Verbier/Chamonix area this year?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just FYI we should have a test centre in the Zillertal at "The Green Room" for 2010 I believe? Sure Kiwi 1 will be along to fill you in with the Cham test centre aswell.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
bobinch, I think it's going to be the Fall Line shop in Cham, but stand to be corrected.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Yeah, Fall Line it is! (Just remembered!!)
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I encourage folks to visit a test centre and try the Preacher...versatile and fun...that's the ticket!
(they're still fun when there's no deep powder left)...

Review and some photos from last year:

http://www.exoticskis.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=104
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Whoooohoooo. I love these skis Very Happy
The skis I have are the same one Spyderjon reviewed above, so are not the final model.

Been on them all week mostly in powder and chopped but some slush when the temperatures were higher. They loved it all. Soft snow they are in their element.
THey really are unsinkable in powder. The big fat tips want to surf up at every oppertunity and the skis are light so easy to steer. A variety of turn shapes were no problem.
The camber was not a problem in powder. When these skis are flattened they actually have a slight early rise in the tip.
On good pistes they are plenty of fun too with a range of turn sizes possible.
The only conditions I have not really loved them on are rough icy pistes and hard moguls (This is what I tried them on the first day and was nearly killed Shocked) this is not really a surprise for a ski of this size it was also the first time I had skied such a big ski. On soft bumps in fresh snow they are a blast.

They are great for making space in lift queues

I can vouch for the robustness of the base material. Plenty of rocks were hit and little damage done.

If you get a chance to demo them on a mountain do try get them into soft snow to really see them at their best.

Nice one Whitedot snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Having seen RPF ripping it today I'm hoping the bindings are adjustable enough for lady feet. Bring it on! Twisted Evil
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Got to echo some of the comments here, though I don't own any (yet). Took some 169s out over the weekend at Glencoe for a half hour blast and they are FUN! They turn easier than my old Salomon Hots on piste and make the soft stuff a blast (6-8" deep). Even in the crud they were stable. I can't make any comment on stability at speed as I was finding my feet a bit with then but they didn't feel too soft.

169s were too short for me, but the 179s were out with someone else. Hope the 179s don't disappoint.

Would be good to hear more from anyone with AT bindings mounted how they are at climbing?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I demoed the 169 Preachers for an afternoon. My own skis are 158 Missions with touring bindings. I'm 5'4 145lb. I was very impressed with the Preachers, easy to turn in powder and very stable/forgiving in bad visibilty; unpredictable terrain and sudden drop offs/ variable snow quality etc - skiing them felt like cheating. They are surprisingly effective and fun on piste too.

The Preachers are not as versatile as my Missions; I wouldn't fancy touring in them and the Missions are a bit better on piste, but I would like to get Preachers for lift served off piste.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I guess it's all been said, but in last years big dumps I skied Preachers. I have struggled on "big" skis in the past but the Preachers were fantastic, for the first time ever I felt I was carving in the powder. I wouldn't dream of piste skiing on them, it's just not what they are for but I do take 4 pair of skis away with me!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy