Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

VERY basic boot question..

Poster: A snowHead
As I say, very basic as we're new to boot ownership.

Is it advisable to remove the liners from boots after each ski trip to ensure that everything is dry before storing them? Or does it cause damage?

And is it just a matter of wrenching the liners out?

TIA
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yes and yes.

Some liners are easier to get out than others. Making sure that the boot is flexed open at the front grab the rear of the liner and push it hard towards the front of the boot. It should come out fairly smoothly. Can be a touch more awkward to get back in but is essentially the reverse procedure.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 23-03-09 19:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks.

Taken out and drying off; I think that one pair will be easy to get back in, the other will be moe of a challenge.

Any advice on storage?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
t40ora, Yep....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=50598&highlight=
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
OK ta!
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
t40ora, On getting the liners back in....... I can more or less guarantee you will get to the 'oh s**t, what have I done, they'll never go back in, I've ruined £100+ worth of boots' - panic stations. However, if you carry on fighting and pull out all the stops in the finish you will succeed in ramming them back in the boots, and once you've done so you will look at boot fitters with new respect as they apparently just flick them in and out.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Megamum wrote:
t40ora, On getting the liners back in....... I can more or less guarantee you will get to the 'oh s**t, what have I done, they'll never go back in, I've ruined £100+ worth of boots' - panic stations. However, if you carry on fighting and pull out all the stops in the finish you will succeed in ramming them back in the boots, and once you've done so you will look at boot fitters with new respect as they apparently just flick them in and out.

Hmm. I guess I'm being niave then, as I was thinking of putting the liners on myfeet and getting them into the shells that way.

Might be a trip to Snowtrax then; any excuse to look at ski stuff Smile
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
t40ora, You must have extremely flexible feet then Smile
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, I'll take that as a "Yes, being niave!" then....

Oh well, look forward to the wrestling later today.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B wrote:
t40ora, You must have extremely flexible feet then Smile

It's how Race Plug Boots are put on, lace up foot in liner, then put shell on.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Spyderman, well I'll give it a go then and see what happens.

Must remember not to do it with the wife's boots though, or I'll probably end up with a trip to casualty to get them removed!
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I don't have too much trouble getting them back in for either my boots or my daughters. Easier than getting them out in the first place really.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just slipped the wife's back in easily. Are they OK to be stored, in the bag, in the loft? Or should they be at room temperature for some reason?

Does everyone suffer as much of a come down after skiing as my wife and I are? I can't remember how I felt when I first started 20+years ago. There was such a big non-skiing gap. BUt the last three times (in the last 14 months) we've felt successively worse. I'm feeling positively depressed now Sad

Bloody woke up dreaming of skiing.....
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
t40ora, It's good if you keep them in the dark, loft maybe not such a good idea, as it can get seriously hot in Summer.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman, Yeah, good point. Thanks.
snow conditions
t40ora, I just keep mine in the bottom af a wardrobe. Buckle them up at a loose(ish) setting.
snow report
Scarpa, space being cleared! Sad to be putting them away when there is still good skiing to be had. But cashflow dictates Sad
latest report
Have any Boot Experts posted on this thread?
CEM, Smallzookeeper: where are you?
snow report
here,

but not a lot more to say

bottom of wardrobe, clips loosely but dried out before you put them away, dried out with liners/footbeds removed is my personal choice
ski holidays
Can we move on to tying shoelaces now? Twisted Evil
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, the puzzle is that such a constantly scornful tone appears to keep a bunch of customers happy. You must be amazingly good at what you do. Oh, come to think of it, I seem to remember you saying that you are.
snow report
Hurtle, the puzzle is that such a constantly sensitive tone appears to keep a bunch of posters happy. You must be amazingly good at everything you do. Oh, come to think of it, I seem to remember you saying that the rest of us clearly are not. Little Angel
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER,
Quote:

saying that the rest of us clearly are not
I don't think so. Care to quote chapter and verse?
snow conditions
Hurtle, Well said.
latest report
Schuss in Boots, Well said.
ski holidays
Easiest answer is to just keep skiing. Then you don't need to store them.
ski holidays
RobW wrote:
Easiest answer is to just keep skiing. Then you don't need to store them.

In total agreement. Now tell me how to mage that and both my wife and I will be there! I'm getting fed up with moping about trying to avoid snow reports Sad
snow report
SMALLZOOKEEPER, Thank you.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

You must be amazingly good at what you do. Oh, come to think of it, I seem to remember you saying that you are.

Quote:

I don't think so. Care to quote chapter and verse?

Quote:

Can we move on to tying shoelaces now?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy