Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Awesome video sequence - Candide Kamera

Poster: A snowHead
www.candidekamera.com/cinemaroom/cinemaroom.html

Check out the above video - one of the most awesome sequences of skiing I've seen recently, beautifully shot, hypnotic and featuring a skier who is recovering from a broken back! Shocked

What is that music?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
roga, that's staggering.

Wow.

I'm still trying (after 3 watches) to work out what is real and what's CGI.

Eff me.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
roga, Thanks for posting that. I'll give that a go on my next trip. rolling eyes Madeye-Smiley Fantastic watching though. Cool
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Fantastic footage....
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
roga, Awesome. Anyone recognise where it was filmed? The sequence of them going down the avalanche barriers below the chair looks identical to Stuben
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
wow Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FlyingStantoni wrote:
roga, that's staggering.

Wow.

Seems you had the same reaction as me when I first saw it, actually I'm still having that reaction umpteen plays later ... totally amazing, in fact if sick were a word I used I'd be suggesting it was sicker than sick! Toofy Grin
Quote:
I'm still trying (after 3 watches) to work out what is real and what's CGI.

Eff me.

LOL, yup! snowHead

boabski, the airport at the start looks like Geneva to me, not sure about anywhere else though.

geepee, good luck to ya I say snowHead
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Any ideas why I cant watch this? Loads and plays 2 secs then stops. Not too good with these but curious now!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Awesome stuff, says one thing to me, that we might be seeing Candide laying down a few tricks in next years FWT????????????
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Holy everything, Batman! Shocked

Another one for the list. I will never ski like Candid Kamera. Sad
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Beautiful.

I'm pretty sure none the skiing is CGI. (Or was that a tongue-in-cheek remark?)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lizski, I had a problem trying to view it a couple of times. The third time it downloaded and played ok.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
lizski, could be your version of Flash or just your connection.

Try the version that's available on the Freeskier magazine website here

If that doesn't work try updating your Flash plugin.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
horizon wrote:

No, not tongue-in-cheek at all. The person pointing and the the walking around 1:04 certainly looks like CGI. As does the snippet of the person at 1:26.

There are a few other clips that, like the deer, look very CGIish.

It could be just the combination of them using highspeed cameras and post-processing the video.

None of this takes anything away from what is a brilliant bit of film making.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
That's little or no CGI and someone who knows a large chunk of mountain far better than we will ever know our own living rooms Shocked stunning riding!
snow report
FlyingStantoni wrote:
horizon wrote:

No, not tongue-in-cheek at all. The person pointing and the the walking around 1:04 certainly looks like CGI. As does the snippet of the person at 1:26.

There are a few other clips that, like the deer, look very CGIish.

It could be just the combination of them using highspeed cameras and post-processing the video.

None of this takes anything away from what is a brilliant bit of film making.

No, it's just HD quality. Quit watchin those vhs tapes. NehNeh
ski holidays
Excellent Smile Thanks for that roga, Madeye-Smiley

Im just surprised no one has mentioned their lack of helmets Shocked

'runs for cover'
snow report
Brilliant.
latest report
roga, geepee, Thanks! Could at last watch it on freeskier. Really amazing....beautifull.
snow conditions
roga, according to the website it looks like it was filmed around Montgenevre and (as I thought) Stuben
snow conditions
lizski, glad you managed to watch it - beautiful is definitely a word I'd agree with Smile

boabski, good spot there and well done for recognising Stuben - it all looks totally stunning!

On the CGI thing I's say the initial sequence zooming from space down to the airport from above is CGI (it'd have to be really) and the shot of the aircraft but apart from that I'd say it's all real.

Now I just need to find out what that music is!
latest report
roga, maybe play it back and if you press 2580 and call it on your mobile phone and put the phone to your speakers you would get the name of the track!!. I would have a go but doesn't work in France.
ski holidays
roga wrote:
Now I just need to find out what that music is!

It's got the handprints of Wax Tailor on it, with the Candid Camera audio sample, but is not as beat-driven as his usual output ... maybe an new track Puzzled ... maybe another artiste entirley rolling eyes but somewhere in his ball park. Does that help? Blush

Stunning vid by the way - nice find snowHead
snow conditions
very good - nice lines -loved the little couloir where he took the shoulder to skiers right,

shazam cannot find the track btw and there seem to be others on t'interweb asking the same question
latest report
roga, can't believe I've just found this, great work! Candide Thovex is my ski hero, for me the greatest skier in the World and an absolute legend, he can do everything. I wanted to name my son after him but my other half was having none of it!! I can't pick up the audio on this is it reggae because he loves his reggae. He is a La Clusaz local.
snow conditions
SMALLZOOKEEPER, I would love to see him on the World Tour here is someone who has won x games gold in halfpipe and slopestyle but he is first and foremost a freerider and doesn't it show on the big mountains. Can't see it happening as I think he just likes to chill and do his own thing, do you do his boots?
snow report
roga, : What a film !! You surely need to be born with skis on your feet to make that look so natural.
Pound to a penny the soundbed is by Hauschka although I don't recognise this peice. He's a modern classical composer who releases his music through Fat Cat records, the label that originally signed and released albums by Sigur Ros and Animal Collective. If you're diggin' the sound of that you might want to check out the likes of Mix Richter and Johan Johannson to name but two. Google or Spotify Hauschka to find out more.
Although I never listen to music whilst actually skiing, the named chaps above can make that occasional long chairlift a bit special if you pop in the earphones and really take in the scenery, especially when the pistes and lifts are empty Cool
ski holidays
Amazing. It's like he drops a 30 footer, lands it, and then prepares for another. Shocked
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thecat10, I don't think it's Hauschka, his style is too staccato and piano based. Richter is closer but doesn't have the production quality of the piece in question. Johannsson is closer still on the production quality but doesn't have the 'modern' flow of the piece in question. Crucially, none of those artistes samples like Wax Tailor does (not that I'm sure it is him - can't find any back catalogue of his that uses the candid camera sample) or has the production quality.
The hunt continues Madeye-Smiley
latest report
music links are here http://www.candidekamera.com/links/links.html?PHPSESSID=bda0f2d3273be908773f7b455ee394ba

have to say that is the coolest ski movie i have seen in a long long time. how great is it to mix some world class skiing with a hugely talented creative team...
snow report
Totally awesome - best ive seen - that guy is like a spirit the way he floats down those drops ! Stunning quality and music too ! A great find
snow report
flowa, Nice to know there's another music nerd out there. I hear ya completely but I still reckon it's Hauschka.
Cheers
Hauschka Laughing
latest report
So is this a trailer for a full film, or just a short film?? It's pretty awesome and almost looks speeded up in places!!!
snow report
Heavily CGI'ed, but still good.
ski holidays
skimottaret, cheers for the links link but the music in the video isn't by any of those artistes - they're all reggae and the piece in question is classically based - heavy on the cello but with modern production qualities, beat/timing and awesome sampling. It's classic 'movie music' but for the sampling - I'm thinking someone got hold of some Yo-Yo Ma and mixed it up all nice. The more I listen to it, I feel I've heard it before too - quite a few years ago though. Yeesh, what a puzzle. Love it Twisted Evil
latest report
Amazing video.

The piano riff sounds like a sample from Evanescence but it isn't. I think that's why it sounds familiar though.

Superb choice of music and I love the cinematography of this.
ski holidays
Whitegold wrote:

Heavily retarded. Still no good.
ski holidays
finally got to see it on my pc. i'd never heard of this guy but went to youtube to see more. his skills are real all right. something to check out over the summer months i'd say.
ski holidays
I think I'm stoked - but I have no idea what it means.

Awesome vid.

And I did notice a lack of helmet-wear......
latest report
Whitegold wrote:

What's heavily CGI'ed apart from the opening sequence?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy