Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go with cheap public transfers?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Any Ideas please for next winters trip? Want to book the flights soon as BA etc. can equal budget airlines this far ahead. Looking for big intermediate ski area with cheap (haha) passes for kids and youth aged 16. With easy and frequent public transport transfers.
Last year we managed Salzburg to Zell am See - One Bus direct from airport to resort in under 2 hours and under 20 euros. But cant find anything this time Sad

Thanks for your help
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Grenoble train station is within easy and cheap public bus trips to Les Deux Alpes and Alpe D'Huez. If you really must fly, it's not a lot extra from the airport to the Gare Routiere - but it can then be quite a wait for the ongoing bus to resort.

[edit] Ooops. Manners. Welcome to snowHeads. Very Happy

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 23-03-09 0:16; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welcome to snowHeads pishposhpesh.

There's a public bus from Geneva airport to Morzine. There's a good, free local navette service once you're here.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pishposhpesh, Switzerland can work out reasonably priced for rail transfers. An adult Swiss Transfer ticket from airport to resort and return is a standard price for foreigners, about £70 depending on exchange rate, but accompanying children travel free.

I did BA to Zurich and then rail to Zermatt with my daughter at half term, long transfer though.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi,
I get my son a Swiss "kinder pass" (up to 16 years old and you don`t have to be a swiss national) from the train stations in Switzerland.

They cost 20 swiss francs( about £15). He can then travel on all forms of swiss public transport free for one year from the date of issue. Last summer in Zermatt it gave him free access to all the mountain lifts including the summer skiing above Zermatt.

In Saas Fee you can get reduced ski pass rates for chidren up to the age of 18 years old. This may apply to other Swiss ski areas. check out the local tourist office website ski pass rates will be on there.

Since the £ has lost its value quicker than a bank exec trying to avoid a house of commons committee hearing everywhere seems to be expensive.

I also book my self catering accomadation through the local tourist office web site as this seems to be quite a bit cheaper.

Hope this is of some use. Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pishposhpesh, Transfers by local bus from either Lyon or Grenoble to here or ADH are about €15 return or thereabouts. A bit long winded on occasion though. However a 16 year old would be an adult as the age around here is 13. Sad
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
there's also www.bensbus.co.uk which does regular runs to /from Grenoble to ADH & L2A
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
pishposhpesh, coach service from Marseille to Serre Chevalier on Saturdays for about 30€ and similar from Lyon on a daily basis.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Wow, thanks everyone. Just blown away by how amazing this site is. Thanks very much for spending some time replying Very Happy. If you have any more suggestions that would be great.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I missed my plane to Turin a couple of years ago and had to make my own way (eventually) to Sestriere from the airport. Airport Bus, Train, Bus up the mountain. I think it was less than £20 in all and took a couple of hours.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
cheap and easy are...

1. GVA to Portes du soleil, chamonix etc by regular scheduled mini bus transfers (ChamXpress, Altibus et al) with the hoardes

2. Davos from Zurich on the train - dead easy 110CHF return

3. Zurich to Arlberg (St Anton, Lech) via scheduled Arlberg Express (75€ return)

Zurich is belting airport - the best, quick, nice, empty, and if you're flying from London loads of choice with BA and Swiss
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Apparently, if you're nice to the driver on the bus from the airport and have to make a connecting bus in Grenoble to LDA/ADH they will phone ahead and get the other bus held for you (within reason). http://transisere.altibus.com/
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy