Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Innsbruck Airport to Soll

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi all, hoping to get a last minute ski break in before the end of season and fancy a trip to Soll in Austria. just wondered wether anybody had done the trip from Innsbruck to Soll? i believe its a train to Worgl and a further bus from there into resort..... anybody done this? are the trains/ busses frequent etc... thanks in advance, also any comments/views about the skiing in Soll are welcome....
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kabby, this is the web address for austrian railways. You can enter A to B journey and it gives train and bus links... can also buy online

http://www.oebb.at/de/

Sorry... dunno how to make it a hyperlink so you'll have to cut and paste Embarassed
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi kabby,

is there a specific reason you need to fly to Innsbruck? If so (I'm not asking for reasons) it's doable by train and bus, both of which are fairly frequent and always on time and as SnowGod, says. are easily searched/googled but, if not Salzburg airport is closer and as well linked. Sorry, I am being lazy about Soll and its skiing but there is more info on Snowheads threads than you can shake a stick at and I would just be repeating the good advice and opinions already there for you! But briefly, as well as the immediate Ski Welt area it is easy to link in to the Kitzbuhler Alpen resorts and I suggest you google tiscover. I doubt (snowgods permitting) you will be disapponted by Soll, as long as you don't mind thousands of Brits,

Aneira
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hi,
I know this is not answering your question but, why not stay in Innsbruck (airport to city 10 euro taxi ride) and access the ski areas around the city using the free ski buses (they stop running on 11 april).

The buses take between 20 minutes to Axamer Lizum and an 45 minutes to Stubaier Gletscher. they also go to Kuhtai, Schlick 2000 and Patscherkofel, you can also catch a mountain train from the city centre to the local Nordpark ski area.

I stop in B&B in the the area of the old town, and can recommend a place if you want.

I find its a great trip Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
thank you all so much for your helpful advise, just joined the site and its great to be able use the site for info.... thanks SNOWGOD will look up the train and bus times from the link...thanks also ANERIA will search the threads for Soll and see how it looks.....BARGAINBILL really interesting reply.... now feeling this might be a better bet for a last minute ride in the mountains, stay in the city and get the local busses to the resorts you have mentioned. can get resort guides from the ski club for the ones you have mentioned so thanks, also any one bee to the Nordpark? if so any views appreciated thanks to all in advance
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kabby,

I'd avoid Söll and the SkiWelt in general for the rest of this season, best to go higher (e.g. Obergurgl, Sölden, Kühtai etc). It's warming up and the SkiWelt is low and so tends to be one of the first ski resorts to suffer.

Scroll down to see forecast of 15 Deg C and rain ....
http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/tirol/soell-skiwelt/
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
thanks DB, actually more interested in the advise from bargainbill...ie staying in Innsbruck and visiting the resorts that are close by........ seems that Kuhtai and the Stubai Glacier are within easy reach.... but thanks for all your advise
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

I doubt (snowgods permitting) you will be disapponted by Soll,

I permit.... wink Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DB wrote:
kabby,

I'd avoid Söll and the SkiWelt in general for the rest of this season, best to go higher (e.g. Obergurgl, Sölden, Kühtai etc). It's warming up

I wish it was today, bloody freezing in Obergurgl, one of the few days ever I wish I hadn't gone out.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ollski wrote:
DB wrote:
kabby,

I'd avoid Söll and the SkiWelt in general for the rest of this season, best to go higher (e.g. Obergurgl, Sölden, Kühtai etc). It's warming up

I wish it was today, bloody freezing in Obergurgl, one of the few days ever I wish I hadn't gone out.

According to wetter.at Obergurgl was around -7 deg C. That's warm, I've been there when it's been -25 deg C and windy. Was worried about the car's diesel freezing and ended up with cracked lips that started to bleed by the end of the week but that's skiing. According to the forecast it looks like it'll be raining lower down in Söll for the next week whereas Obergurgl will be seeing a lot more snow.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy