Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flights booked, car booked, resort confirmed, hotel / chalet = ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So after much debate I think that I have settled on La Rosiere 1850 for my 4 x days skiing (leaving on 30th March). Looked at many resorts, plus upcoming weather forecaset and to be honest am more confused than ever !! Flying to Geneva so had to be driveable in a few hours so picked La Rosiere as it seems to have enough skiing, some snow forecast for next week (which hopefully will remain !) and some good tree-lined runs in-case of further snow / poor condition. Have already been to Val, Courchevel and Chamonix so want somewhere different. Considered Verbier until I saw the prices of hotels !

So, my trouble now is finding some late accommodation. Are there any La Rosiere experts here ? Have found this website and quite like the look of the apartments that are self catering (as long as they are walkable into the town for dinner and drinks). Has anyone stayed at these ? Any recommendations for accommodation in this resort ?

http://www.larosiere.net/?rub_id=50

Would appreciate anyones thoughts on the above, resort and accommodation. Just want 4 x days of good skiing with nice town for dinner and drinks in evening (but does not have to be 'buzzing' of life).

(understand that I might need to book one of the above for the week and only use for 4 days - bummer !)

Thanks...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rooney that's the Tourist Office website, you'll find just about all the available apartments listed there. La Rosiere isn't a very large village although it is on the side of the mountain so there's a certain amount of up hill effort. The two furthest locations are Le Gollet, which is mostly chalets and Les Eucherts, you can get to the centre of the village from either in about 20 minutes. The closest apartments to the lifts are above the McKinley Bar or in Les Cimes Blanches in Les Eucherts. You may want to try to get a hotel for 4 nights, Le Petit San Bernard is well located and good value, it's a Relais, otherwise not too much choice. There's lots of choice for eating out, bars etc. it depends on your budget, but Le Petit Danois is good value and the bar is fairly lively, they usually have a live group at least once a week, Bar Fusion is the busiest bar in town.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy