Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

British skier tragically falls to his death while skiing with family

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A British skier, Michael Probert, has plunged more than 100ft to his death while skiing on a piste in Alpe d'Huez (France). The 43-year-old was skiing with family and friends, when he lost control and careered off-piste and fell into a ravine....An air ambulance rushed to the scene of the accident yesterday, but paramedics were unable to save Mr Probert's life.

Sources: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2321561.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1162328/British-skier-falls-100ft-death-losing-control-French-Alpine-ski-holiday.html
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
this is a friend of a friend of a friend..... very sad indeed. My heart goes out to the family. RIP
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sad . Makes me feel so lucky........... OUr condolences to the family.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I was in ADH last week and after our enjoyment there something like this sends an extra shiver down my spine. My condolences too to the family and friends.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Each link seems to describe a different incident, one is a 100ft drop off a cliff and the other is a 10ft drop into a ditch?

I was in Alpe D'Huez last week and it really does shock you to think something like this could happen somewhere where you've just had so much fun and enjoyment.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
A great shame for anyone to lose their life while away on a family holiday, however knowing the area pretty well I really can't comprehend where he can have been skiing on piste in Villard to lose control on a blue slope and fall to his death. I expect its the usual lazy journalism from the tabloids.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Terrible accident, my heart really goes out to his wife and the friends who witnessed it.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Sat 21-03-09 7:40; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Skied Villard-Reculas on Saturday before accident with our family. Extremely icy early morning, but much better after lunch. Just very sad for the family involved , condolences.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I watched last sunday as the helicopter winched a well wrapped person off the edge of the blue run into Villard Riculass. Didnt suspect he was dead at the time. If this was the incident and not a coincidence, then he had only fallen 20-30ft or so on a 45degree slope. Basically he had gone over the edge of the run just before the catch fencing started. The slope where he landed had been skiied by many people as its a kind of black run shortcut, which cuts off a large loop of the blue

Unless he was going at breakneck speed, or was very unlucky on how he landed I wouldnt have suspected many (or any) injuries. Just very very bad luck to have a) come off the piste at all and b) landed how he did. Though it looks like cardiac problems may have contributed

Was really hot last week at Alpe d'Huez. with freeze thaw, +10 C during day and -3 at night. Very icy slopes in mornings, slush in afternoons. Resort was pretty empty compared to past years I've been there. That run was not crowded and was in pretty good condition with hardly any ice

I will also comment on the superb helicopter flying that I saw. A very low hover with ground close in front of the rotors. Held perfectly

Condolences to family and friends
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy