Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Andorra lift passes most expensive in Europe, claims study

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ski passes in Andorra have risen by around 6.8% this season and now cost an average of 190.50 Euros for a 6-day pass, according to a study looking at the lift ticket prices around the world. This increase means that Andorra has retained its position as the most expensive country for lift tickets in Europe. ...The data come from more than 500 ski areas in 35 countries worldwide, and show that prices for Brits are well up this season in most international ski destinations.

From the World Lift Ticket Price Report 2009 (eighth annual edition, Snow24: www.snow24.com)
Story source: http://www.snowlife.org.uk/get-a-snowlife/news/index.php?id=220

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Thu 19-03-09 9:00; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I assume Courmayeur is the most expensive then since it cost €215 for 6 days. How glad was I that I booked ahead with the TO and paid £170...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think this must be a very flawed survey. I assume the average for Andorra is so high because there are only a couple of large linked domains included. For other countries the costs for larger more expensive domains, which cost far more than €190 for 6 days, are equalised by the lower costs at smaller resorts. I can't seem to find details of the survey though to confirm this.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Mmmm...

Paradiski is €243 for 6 days and it's €203 for La Plagne alone:
http://www.la-plagne.com/en/Tarifs-forfait-hiver-la-plagne-en-ligne.phtml
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ADH is €203 for six days
L2A is €182 for six days
Espace Killy is €208 for size days
Val D'isere is €198 for six days
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
3 valleés 6 days €225
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
i agree that some (most?) of the big resorts in france are more expensive but please read the post properly
el Hen wrote:
Ski passes in Andorra... now cost an average of 190.50 Euros for a 6-day pass...

it's not saying that andorra's €190.50 is the most expensive in europe?! further on in the post it mentions that bigger countries with more, bigger and smaller resorts balance those higher costs listed by posters above with the ones obtainable by at smaller resorts.

anyone want to let us know 6-day passes that cost less than andorra's average price?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The Massif pass for the grand Massif €158 (Morrilon Samoens Les Carroz and Sixt does not include Flaine area)
The full Grand massif pass (inc Flaine) is €192, only €1.50 more than the Andora average for Frances 4th biggest area (so I believe)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
six days in sauze d'oulx paid for in advance via neilsson - £112 Cool
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
The most expensive passes I have ever bought were by far in Scotland, if you calculated it on £ per foot skied.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
el Hen wrote:
This increase means that Andorra has retained its position as the most expensive country for lift tickets in Europe

Cheers for that

I'll be there for the week starting tomorrow; assuming my tom tom works out of Barcelona airport.
Oh well no beer for me then as just enough to buy my pass. Laughing
Never been before so hope its OK
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Wayne, You will love it, where are you going to stay, I'll probably be there from Monday.

I agree that Andorra is expensive, but I really don't know how or where "snow 24" got their info. Earlier this season I was asked by some friends to compare prices within Andorra. GrandValira €42 per day and Valnord €26. I suspect for whatever motive they have just used the most expensive price in their study, further more they might not be comparing like with like i.e. areas of 190+ km of prepared piste!!
BTW I have just returned from Chamonix where I paid €146 for 3 days, but €3 of that was for the card.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I still think the most expensive lift pass per time/km of piste is any of our indoor snow slopes. £20-25 per hour of usage is quite bad value for money compared to a week in resort...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Only 131€ for a 6-day pass in Sainte Foy!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Yeah and what about Xscape, Snowdome etc. I reckon the most expensive per hour is England.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy