Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Davos

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Woohoo! Holiday booked - Finally ended up plumping for a long weekend in Davos. Quite a cheap deal (with free lift passes Very Happy ) and reasonable flights with Swiss Air. Staying in Davos Dorf - The Face Nr. I think it's called.
Any recommendations on Davos? Good pistes, good (but easily navigable) off-piste, off-piste guides, bars etc...
Any one been out there recently?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Davos have 5 unlinked areas.

On one side is Parsenn (Davos Dorf) and Madrisa (Kloster Dorf).

The other side is Pischa (on the Fluelapass closed at higher up), Jakobshorn (DavosPlatz) and Rinerhorn (near Glaris).

You can go between these 5 areas by a combination of the trains and ski buses, possibly the best linked and integrated system in the world.

Lots of T bars in Davos. Parsenn is the biggest and the most enjoyable. I didn't manage Pischa but was told the best powder/off piste skiing is there. Davos is unique that you can ski to any of the train stations. The run from Parsenn top to Kublis, via Run 17, 21 & 56, is 17km long with 2km vertical drop. The accommodation landlord should give you a piece of paper enable you to travel in the buses and trains before purchasing the ski pass. Get hold of a bus time table to know your way around.

Kloster is the place where Prince Charles and William spent their skiing but probably not much a place to an experienced Alpine skier.

A great resort, brilliant snow, unique experience and has the best integrated transport in the Alps.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers saikee, Is the train from Zurich airport the best way in? Looks like you have to change twice with the journey taking 2hrs 40mins to Davos Dorf. Any idea if buying tickets in advance is cheaper than buying from the airport?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Josef K,

I drove but Davos was the first resort that convinced me the public transport is more superior. I did drive to each of the 5 unlinked areas to check things out first.

Couldn't comment on where to get the ticket but the train system in Switzerland is one of the best in the world. Davos is one of the locations well served by trains.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Josef K, The Swiss transfer ticket may be the cheapest. It takes you there and back to any resort in Switzerland from any of the airports. It's only available outside the country. You can get them here : www.swisspasses.com
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You can also have your baggage sent from the airport to your train destination in Switzerland... My IL's go to Klosters pretty much every yr in the Summer and send their bags this way so they get off the plane at Zurich with just hand luggage and catch the train to Klosters/Davos. Their bags are taken from the plane and put on the train for them arrive at the train station later that evening. There is just one change, at Landquart. We were at Klosters last Xmas, lovely area. Off piste around is supposed to be lovely, thats what Prince Charles likes to do, apparently on Madrisa.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
geepee wrote:
Josef K, The Swiss transfer ticket may be the cheapest. It takes you there and back to any resort in Switzerland from any of the airports. It's only available outside the country. You can get them here : www.swisspasses.com

Probably not worth bothering with the transfer ticket.

You can price your journey in sbb.ch to compare the actual, non-discounted ticket price to compare with the transfer ticket. I recall it's over 120CF for two journeys (out and back). Maybe a bit more when you add handling fee and postage.

I'm going to St Moritz, which is further from Zurich than Davo. And my price comparison yields about no more than 20CF difference. So I decided not to bother. Just get the ticket at the train station. It's quite straight forward (done it 2 years ago MSB).
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Cheers all. Excitement building! Loads of the white stuff due over the next week in Davos Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy