Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How do you stop catching someone elses cold/germs on Aircraft ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Risk factors are : Lots of people in a crowded area, some of whom will be actively shedding virus. Bone dry cooled air improves virus transmission. Dry mucous membranes in your nose have reduced resistance to infection, because the usual mechanism of mucus being moved by the surface cilia doesn't operate. You are generallyu pretty knackered before your holiday so your immune system may be at a low ebb.
Top tips: Echinacea may work, but don't take it for more than 2 weeks at a time. Keep your mucous membranes moist with a saline spray (or steam, green tea, vaseline around your nose) and stay well hydrated. Hand hygeine with soap AND alcohol gels helpful (but not in your nose!) Travel away from the heaving masses (train, car, first class). Tea tree and Eucalyptus oils both have antiviral properties, but the airline staff get a bit twitched about your essential oil burner mid flight. Take a holiday before you go skiing, or early nights, no booze, good diet, don't overtrain etc to keep your immune system tip top,

Bottom line is you probably got it before you got on the plane anyway.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Martin Nicholas wrote:
Take a holiday before you go skiing, or early nights, no booze . . .
Shocked
Which planet r u on? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Martin Nicholas, For the big party sHs who indulge in plenty of powder the saline nasal sprays may be doubly welcome Laughing
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Jonpim, I, like many quacks, rarely follow the advice I give. So same planet as you mate wink
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Martin Nicholas wrote:
Jonpim, I, like many quacks, rarely follow the advice I give. So same planet as you mate wink

Nice one rolling eyes
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy