Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Its Snowing in Hemel Hempstead!

Poster: A snowHead
I have just applied for an engineers job here..... here's hoping for a positive reply
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
andytb, dont mind if I do! Cider is my tipple in the UK but not a good option in Austria, It would be Stella if I could, but as you probaly know (If you know I drink spritzers) I am Coeliac so beer is out!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
flowa wrote:
Agenterre, whereas you just drink wink Laughing

Oh NO .. I used to shag too, but my beer gut gets in the way now.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agenterre, Example: You are a local woman from Watrord, you love skiing so you join our ladies group on a wednesday morning. You get 2 hours plus a coffee and some coaching for £27.00, your a member so you get a further reduction of 30%. You cant travel back and forth to France every week can you. We are not trying to replace your holiday experience, its a domestic opportunity to participate in a social activity. I dont think this example is expensive when you consider what people pay for other leisure activities.

PSG the spritzer king!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
gilleski wrote:
Agenterre, Example: You are a local woman from Watrord, you love skiing so you join our ladies group on a wednesday morning. You get 2 hours plus a coffee and some coaching for £27.00, your a member so you get a further reduction of 30%. You cant travel back and forth to France every week can you. We are not trying to replace your holiday experience, its a domestic opportunity to participate in a social activity. I dont think this example is expensive when you consider what people pay for other leisure activities.

.. after £27m, I'd employ a marketing exec to do this for you . wink .. although looks you've got a techie guy ( see above)
Quote:
You are a local woman from Watrord, you love skiing so you join our ladies group on a wednesday morning

I'm sure both of the ladies concerned will sign up wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
well I for one will be going...can't wait
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
gilleski, any info about junior skiing? My 5 year old DD's instructor in Morzine mentioned a kids ski club on a Saturday morning at Hemel and I would be interested in her trying it out. Do you have any info? Thanks. Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Agenterre, Guys get the same deal (but not on the same product)! As for Watford, well now you know my football team, sad I know!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Agenterre wrote:
flowa wrote:
Agenterre, whereas you just drink wink Laughing

Oh NO .. I used to shag too, but my beer gut gets in the way now.

Laughing Laughing .... because of all the drinkin Madeye-Smiley Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
geetee, lots of kids stuff organised, check out www.thesnowcentre.com all detail will go live in a few days. We want to get kids participating in snowsports so have organised a full programme. I used to ski at Hemel when it was a dry slope as a child. Happy days!
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
daveqpr, Job's yours. , just say that you are sponsored by slushnuts advertising and gilleski recommended you and that you're prepared to service flowa every Wednesday morning.

Next ... Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
gilleski, OK, thanks, I'll keep an eye on the website for updates. We're off to Whistler for a couple of weeks at Easter so I'm hoping that she will be able to start something after we get home i.e. just in time for Hemel opening.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Agenterre, Laughing cheeky bug*er!

... oh, actually that's an interesting idea. daveqpr, I'll need to see a photo first Blush Madeye-Smiley wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Agenterre, Are you based in the Chamonix valley? I am there next weekend running some courses for www.basschamonix.com. Look out for me, I will be the guy skiing around with the big banner THE SNOW CENTRE HEMEL HEMPSTEAD. Ill buy you a coffee.

PSG
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
gilleski, quite. I'll almost never drink beer over here but I was out in Berlin for a long weekend just been and only saw cider once on a bar menu - €5 for a 400ml bottle of Strongbow!!!
latest report
andytb, In Austria they call it appfelmost and it very seasonal and regional. it is lke scrumpy and clears you out (if you know what I mean)! My family live in Kaernten where it is available during the autumn. Ask for it in Tirol and they give you a bit of a look! You can have beer, beer or beer, anything provided its beer. Hence spritzers for me!
snow report
£27 or £28 for a coached 2 hour session including slope pass & rental skis(assuming it does) seems not too bad to me.

I'm not aware of alpine ski schools that offer a drop-in session including lift pass at a similar price, could be a big seller on Saturday afternoons for early arrivals.
snow conditions
gilleski, More Mutzig for me then Very Happy
ski holidays
Spyderman, in my younger days! I know a guy (i was with him) who managed 5 big ones. He didnt make it out of the bar!
latest report
fatbob, includes skis and a coffee!
snow report
Spyderman, As we speak I am just looking at an inviting Jamesons. Last one then bed, got more snow to shovel in the morning!
snow report
gilleski, I hope you're going to make it tomorrow eve to the little get together.
snow conditions
Spyderman, Have every intention, depends a bit on the snow. Its at full tilt, hence me still being up and drinking Jamies. I just got in after a full on session moving the stuff around. Running 24 / 7 to get a good depth, there is a 24 hour shift at the mo! You got high vis, hard hat and boots, get yourself in there!
ski holidays
gilleski, that would mean Spydie doing some physical work... Shocked I think you'll not see him before the 'little get together' Toofy Grin
snow report
Michelle, If you looked at DC, I'm still recovering from last night's tortuous labours. Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Spyderman, you better be fresh by tomorrow if you are taking my time on a saturday Toofy Grin
snow report
Michelle wrote:
that would mean Spydie doing some physical work... Shocked I think you'll not see him before the 'little get together' Toofy Grin

You really are getting to know him quite well aren't you! As there's snow involved he might be tempted though. He might even take me to help as my mothers day treat rolling eyes
latest report
gilleski,
Do you do discounts for a fellow 'hornet' ?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mitchell, Free of charge for you if Watrord ever get back to the premiership!
snow conditions
gilleski,
So season after next could be on the cards.......................I'll hold you to it !!!!! Very Happy
latest report
A few more pictures of the snow, nice to see gilleski, working, well posing with a shovel anyway wink

ski holidays
Looking good, can't wait to try it out.
ski holidays
Those pic's show good looking snow! Sorry if it's been covered before, but is the snow at Hemel Different to the other snowdomes and how often do Hemel and the other snowdomes make new snow?
snow conditions
gilleski, you need to talk to the people who installed the snow cannons for you mate. Shocking job they've done - only covering half your piste wink
snow report
gilleski, nice jacket, was that picture taken on the BASI ISTD Snow Shovelling Module? wink
ski holidays
slikedges, Its a new off piste module to be added to the level 1 qualification, aimed at indoor off piste.

FlyingStantoni, We dont have snow cannons, this is the stuff we managed to shovel inside during the Feb snow fall in the UK. Got to save costs where you can!
latest report
gilleski, excellent thinking there. On a similar vien, perhaps you should get Radio 4 to do an appeal...
Quote:
Do you know that every year the lives of thousands of small children in the Hemel Hemstead area are blighted by a lack of skiing?

This lack of skiing can be deadly, leading to a love of chess - or even worse - badminton.

But you can help.

Are you travelling home from a ski vacation? Maybe in Europe. Maybe in North America.

By bringing home just one snowball from your vacation, you can give the gift of snow to the Snow Centre - a Hemel-based charity that is bringing the joy of skiing to the poor, impoverished masses of Hemel. The Snow Centre will store and build up this snow - so that it's big enough for the poor tykes of Hemel to ski on.

How good would that make you feel?

Just the selfless act of bringing back one small snowball, may help stop a child's life sliding out of control.

Please send your snowballs to Pete Silver-Gillespie, c/o Radio 4 Snow Centre Appeal.

Remember. It doesn't matter how big your balls are. Just that you send them to Pete.

One small snowball. It's all it takes to change a kid's life.

Toofy Grin
snow report
gilleski, Are their any plans for race-training for adults?

I know it's difficult to do most disciplines on a short indoor slope but just wondered if your instructors would be doing any technique classes on say a short slalom course?
ski holidays
Starting to look good, for what it's worth I think the prices (apart from the private lessons) are not unreasonable, in fact the coached sessions seem very reasonable, hopefully I'll get up there some time as it will just about be in range for me to think of as a day out
latest report
fastandicy, I can answer that one for you. Impulse Training are running race training on Monday evenings for adults.

gilleski, a supplementary question - will you have tele kit?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy