Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Its Snowing in Hemel Hempstead!

Poster: A snowHead
Snow has started to fall in Hemel Hempstead inside the new 23 million pound snowsports facility!

Testing has been taking place over the last few days and now snow is beginning to pump out of the state of the art snow cannons. It will be a process that will take up to six weeks to get the snow to the required depth and quality. Soon as we have some photos that are worth looking at they will be up on SH!

PSG
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gilleski, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Nice one snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
gilleski, great news! Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whoop-whoop!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Well done gilleski!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Wax 'em up
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sounds good... thought we might get a few lessons next year to save 'wasting' time on holiday next year but just checked out the prices... wow!

1 hrs private lesson for 2 adults - £130... same thing in Le Grand Bornard 2 weeks ago £37! What a difference... now maybe the tuition is better? but THAT much better?

I just hope they have some opening offers as I'd like to at least have one go there to compare it with MK
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimom, Contrary to popular opinion, Spyderman ain't cheap.... Toofy Grin Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'd want a lot more than a ski lesson for £130 Blush wink (no offence Spyderman, I'm sure your tuition is spot on)
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The first snow Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Spyderman, love the 'first tracks' Very Happy
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Do you use any extra snow cannons to build up the base or does the normal day-to-day setup do the job well enough?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
FenlandSkier, It's just the normal ones, no extra ones required. Only 50cm, or 4,160 cubic metres to go.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Spyderman, nice pics!

gilleski, who'll have the honour of the first ski tracks?
snow report
skimom, And here, as the most expensive in resort I'm €60 per hour for 1-4 people! ISTD too! Shocked
snow report
I'm just up the road from Hemel and very much looking forward to it opening. I was hoping to join the family up (5 of us) but think I may need to re-mortgage to be able to afford it! and i thought the alps were expensive!! Shocked
snow report
easiski, At MK they charge privates £150 per hour and £250 for 4 and i do know that they occassionally have level 1's take privates out Shocked this does include slope and hire time....
ski holidays
gilleski, excellent! I hope the first runs are going to be filmed and duly posted on youtube, and that they show slightly more skilfull skiing thatn the first runs at CFe!

http://youtube.com/v/3Tq7EAQgo8U&feature=related

http://youtube.com/v/5IVqQui16gg
snow report
Hi All.

Private lessons are one of our premier products, there are many other options open to people who want to improve in their snowsport. Our private lesson options are in line with other snow centres in the uk (in fact cheaper than many)!

Join as a member and you will get 30% off!

Also look at courses and open coaching session. Very cost effevtive (and members get 30% off)! We want everyone to be able to enjoy snowsports at Hemel, the private lesson option will not be for all, but we do need it in the programme for those that want it.

PSG
snow report
gilleski, I hope you get first tracks !!!

Will lesson prices and slope costs be made public soon, i am starting to get questions from people as to "who will be cheaper, MK or Hemel"...
snow conditions
skimottaret, lesson prices are here snowHead
snow report
Michelle, oops, that would be the bit listed under Pricing on their website Embarassed Embarassed

privates are half the MK price
snow report
gilleski, your skis must be straining on the leash! Very Happy
snow conditions
I guess with so little slope (compared to a real mountain) the 'lesson availability' is very restricted - but I still think (even though they are cheaper than MK) that the prices are ridiculous. Only rich people can afford to learn to ski in the UK - us poor people will have to make do with the 'real thing' LOL!
snow report
skimom wrote:
I guess with so little slope (compared to a real mountain) the 'lesson availability' is very restricted - but I still think (even though they are cheaper than MK) that the prices are ridiculous. Only rich people can afford to learn to ski in the UK - us poor people will have to make do with the 'real thing' LOL!

The private lessons are very expensive (particularly if you are using them for just one person), but oter options aren't nearly as bad.

Group lessons at £45 for 1:30, or the coaching sessions at £27 for 2 hours.
snow report
Its difficult to draw a comparison between a mountain ski school and an indoor slope. A mountain ski school / instructor has to purchase a season pass, pay insurance, keep qualification valid and make a living, that all costs money. At Hemel we have to service a 23 million pound business! We have to opperate more like a resort in terms of the business model.

I hope in our instruction offer we have something for all, that was my aim when putting the lesson structure together.

PSG
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
Michelle, oops, that would be the bit listed under Pricing on their website Embarassed Embarassed

Laughing Laughing Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
gilleski, I don't doubt that if you're in charge the lessons will be well organised and the staff properly trained etc. but at the end of the day, lots of people seem to think that they'll be saving money having lessons at home, when the reverse is true. I believe and trust that Hemel will do a better job than the existing snowdomes in teaching beginners (especially), but am afraid that I'm going to see a fair few more people who've just thrown £100+ away on the learn to ski sort of deals. Sad

Basically for 4-4.5 hours private lessons at either MK or Hemel you can have a week with Fastman and myself on the glacier in the summer! Shocked
snow report
gilleski, Jeez .. I've just looked at the prices! rolling eyes Shocked

Cheaper to move to the Alps or Buy a Holiday apartment and buy Easiski for the rest of your life...

I suppose the saving grace is thankfully ''Rip-Off-Britain" is still alive and well rolling eyes despite the angst over the price of a plate of chips at 2000m for a few months of the year.

Who owns this place ? They did need to get real and look at the real (snow) world.
ski holidays
Agenterre, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourne_Leisure
ski holidays
Agenterre, All the directors are investors (me included)! But we have a link with the investors who set up Bourne leisure, however we are not a BL company.

As for getting real, if you look at what we need to turn over, it would make a drunk very sober! Ive not been drunk for some time now!!
ski holidays
get real gilleski it is a business and it has to make a profit to survive and i think we should all support it even if we dont agree with their
pricing structure otherwise this facility will not survive without our support
snow report
Good luck with the launch gilleski, I'm looking forward to coming for a slide in the near future.

This is a bit of a lazy question - I'm sure the answer is in another thread - but it won't hurt to have the info in this thread too. .... Is HH longer and/or steeper than MK?
snow report
flowa, Hemel is about the same length, slightly steeper at the top of the slope.
ski holidays
gilleski, I'm ashamed to say I realised that wink My digs were not personal, they were loosely 'targetted' at the folks here who have been knocking Euroland 'prices' ( exchange rates) all winter but now seem able to 'support' your prices. I'm an old cynic ...

So you were just pimping your slope Toofy Grin

I guess if I had £24m to invest I'd buy a slice of real snow. Good Luck with your venture , entrepreneurship deserves all the luck it can get but I'll be sticking to the Alps and alpine instruction .. I can't afford the 'Real Thing' Shocked
ski holidays
gilleski, PS .. Love your sense of humour .. however, it takes a real drongo to invest in both Snow & Sea Embarassed Then you just DRINK ! Skullie
latest report
Cheers, rob@rar Very Happy

Sad I wish it was longer and even steeper with a chair lift in it .... like Dubai Twisted Evil
snow report
Agenterre, whereas you just drink wink Laughing
snow report
gilleski, still enjoy the White Wine Spritzers? Toofy Grin
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy