Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Mutix R11

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just a quickee, bought a pair, 08 model from the ski warehouse. Hope to run them with the short arms, but i'm new to Rossignol/Look binding. I had them fitted by the tech, good job, but, having many anoraks have led me to this question.. According to said distructions, you adjust the heel peice up the the heel tab on the boot and snap in, a little indicator tells you your in, but, it appears quite a small amount of backwards movement of the heel pice is involved. I'm use to salomon heel peices which seem not to move backward when you step in. Should I not worry? Heel peice contacts with heel tab on boot ala salomon... Leave it with ya guys... Thanks in liue john
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
johnDUB, I think you'll find all (most?) bindings move a little backwards as you click in. Any I've ever used ( and I have used a few) have.

If you're only going to use the short arms, why didn't you buy the cheaper 9SRO ? Confused
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Bit of an impulse buy really. was either these or a Blizzard Sl sk, and I ski cairngorm in scotland and depending on how knackered I am.. so I thought the ski would earn its rewards two fold. I'm skiing short arms because I'm in castleford on a tuesday morn regularly, so for time being the short arms will do.
I do have abit of rearward movement so I guessed it was right. I last had Look binding on my first pair of Head 200cms and they had the axium type heel peice so rather gone newbie swapping from Salomon. I seem to remember a turntable heel on this type but I guessed they stopped making that!
Thankyou.

John
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
johnDUB, noooo! did you forsake a pair of Blizzard FIS SL skis? In which case you were mad. If not you were right...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Sounds sad, but I learned on 200cm Heads, ran 187 xscreams for years with a turn radius of 20m and they go good in a straight line. I bought second hand some 3v scleavers, and while i like the turns, I miss the straight line action as I get fed up with being on a constant turn so to speak. May be technology or my technique, so 2 skis in 1!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
johnDUB, I have heard on good authority that the system actually does work (or at least, it feels like it works which is all you want really). I look forward to a review please!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've read good things about the ski too. The only negative I caught was in long Arm Radius the ski was a little dull on edge to edge, but apart from a chatter can sometimes be heard from the arms, it seems all good. Be glad to review them, off to castleford tomorrow so i'll ket you know.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
johnDUB, don't see why the arms would affect "turn in"?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Reading between the lines, the longer arms are stiffer and they limit the amount of flex the ski can give, or, probably when tested, they took some getting used too. For me, it will be a learning curve with the firs runs as i'm not used to such a wide ski 118/70/102 vs the 106/66/97 ive been used to. To be honest, changing from 189 to 160 took alot of getting used to, but, i'm looking forward to it. I went on epic ski forum and someone demo'd the ski in 176 with the long arms and struggled too. Its probably altering technique which is the issue, but I find the 160's are good on packed snow, but add a little powder and they slow down and put you off balance. 15 stone being slowed quickly is quite fun and scary, but, compared to having skiing flat out on the screams all the time to get an
ything out, they do make sense for control and stop the legs aching after lol.
I'm going to run them in short arm mode and see how they perform.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
johnDUB, how many turns total can you squeeze in at Castleford each run?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
johnDUB, hmm, still looking forward to your post run comments.

My thoughts;

160cms seems rather short if you weight 15st

70mm vs 66mm waist isn't a huge difference - and I don't think that'll materially affect edge to edge quickness in the absence of any other changes - short arms/long arms the skis have the same geometry (which is why I was skeptical of the whole concept in the first place - I haven't skied them but am curious) - I wonder whether what you are actually experiencing is "easy-to-turn/not-so-easy-to-turn"

I would suspect that that the "slowing down" in soft snow is simply down to surface area - they're quite short and not entirely fat (not that I advocate fat skis..., preferring FIS SL sticks for powder myself)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hey comprex, think 4's a record for me, but only when slope as a lull lol.

Under a new name i'm on 165.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnDUB, I think I was asking more the other way: the most.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
johnDUB wrote:
I've read good things about the ski too. The only negative I caught was in long Arm Radius the ski was a little dull on edge to edge, but apart from a chatter can sometimes be heard from the arms, it seems all good. Be glad to review them, off to castleford tomorrow so i'll ket you know.

I skied the R11 all last season, at first they seamed a little vague offering not a great deal in terms of rebound (too used to full on slaloms), Messed around with the arm config and found that the long arm/long arm thing made em a very hard package to drive. Then went with short arm up front and long arms at the tails, this made quite a difference the fronts were easier into the turn and the tail was quite punchy, for me this seems to be the most lively and fun option, a couple of freinds of mine who have ski schools out here share the same opinion. However out of the three of us none of us are still using them.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sorry comprex, the most, err.. that would be 9ish I think.

Right, this is what I found, and this is in comparison with the xscream series and 3v scleaver8.

I started really bad. And was not enjoting it, untill a coach there said dont go on the edge so much like I was used to. So I found then rather than fighting with them and letting them run and then the smile came. The 3vs would go into a turn and like to hold the turn intil you naturally took them off edge, rebalanced and started over again. The mutix was quick edge to edge, forgiving when slow, infact, a semi gs turn was possible. Crank them up and they came into the zone. They would blast through anything, even the powder stashes that the 3vs hated. Get em on the icy stuff and they gripped as if on rails.
In my opinion, I rate these skis highly. Smile wise, the last time I was his happy was when I swapped over from 200cm K2s skinnies with a million mile turn radius to the 20m xscream series. \this is with short arms on the rear, good rebound to push you out of the back seat back into balance and back on balance. Honestly.. this is a good ski, best i've had in 15 years, and dare I say better than my xscream series which were the best ever skis on the white lady on cairngorm for smiles.
Will I use the long arms... er I dont know to be honest. Technolgy wise, VFM! 10/10

RIP Natasha.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy