Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Inside and outside edge: which is which?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
alex_heney, fine, whatever rolling eyes
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Might I suggest taking up snowboarding, only a heel edge and toe edge to worry about then and they're pretty self explanitory Twisted Evil

If those Catamaran Ski's take off, this thread could run and run... Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Long time since I had a lesson, but I think nbt's new labelling is what I thought my instructor was saying... A1 and B1 are inside edges, then when I turn the other way A2 and B2 become the new inside edges...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Inside edges have to be the on the insides of the feet. The first thing most skiers are taught is the snowplough stop. People are taught to get the skis on their inside edges and weight them. To then, at a later date, start renaming the outside edges as inside (for whatever reason) is ludicrous. NO worse than that UTTERLEY ludicrous (IMV) Twisted Evil

Imagine an instructor yelling at someone in trouble 'schneeplow schneeplow get on zeee inside edges and plow !'. They need to know the inside edges are STILL the inside edges !

As for turning, if I turn left I'll use my lefthand edges and to the right my righthand edges please snowHead No real need to meniton inside or outside at all!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
beeryletcher, There are two people on this thread whose posts have been "UTTERLEY ludicrous ", and that is the two who stupidly suggest that only one way is rational.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
alex_heney, yes probably a bit extreme of me. However, one way is comparably more ludicrous than the other...I'll let you decide, which.

Generally speaking the world has many scientific, logical minds, and many others, who are somewhat confused Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
beeryletcher wrote:
alex_heney, yes probably a bit extreme of me. However, one way is comparably more ludicrous than the other...I'll let you decide, which.

Generally speaking the world has many scientific, logical minds, and many others, who are somewhat confused Twisted Evil

Well obviously, from my previous posts, the one I think more rational is the opposite to the one you do. Smile

But the one thing which is absolutely clear from this thread is that there are a significant number of people in favour of each of the possible views, and I don't think either is "wrong", and I certainly do not think either is inherently ludicrous.

I must admit, I don't recall having snowploughs described to me using the term "inside edge" at all, but that may just be that I don;t remember it.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
alex_heney, ah pizzas ! I'm afraid I'm a bit older than that analogy Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy