Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Yet another tragic death on the slopes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone here been skiing during Fasching week? The Dutch and the Germans are Totally out of there heads and control that week. Even the ones that can ski are a danger due to the amount of grog that's drunk.

How Many Dutch Skiers are there on the FIS World cup Start list each week?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A big part of the problem is unconsiderate skiiers. We have all seen idiots going too fast, barely in control. Other skiiers passing at speed very close to downhill skiier, all it takes is for the downhill skiier to take a sudden turn... I think time has come more more patrols on the piste, confiscation of lift pass for those who cross the line and perhaps a breath test for those out of control.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Manyetta wrote:
Brits, I am afraid are the worst, unfit, tired and pissed on their first day and by the third, knackered sore and hungover do not make the best of judgements - on top of that they do not know the etiquette and in many cases do not have the skill or training - a week in ski school and you're off.

Have to say that my sweeping generalisation is that it is the Parisians (who are also mainly once or twice a year, take no lessons kind of folk) who are the worst.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowGod wrote:
fatbob, what about the Dutch, Belgians, Danes and a large proportion of the Germans????? All have a 1 week a year ski holiday pattern.... maybe they start younger than we do cos they drive to resort rather than fly and many are happy to stay down the valley in cheaper accommodation which they can drive to the slopes from each day so maybe the cost is not so prohibitive for them???

My case is made Clogius Gaperus is hardly an unknown species in the Oisans and while I've never been there I suspect the Krazy Kangarhu & Mooserwirt do not sustain their reputation on Germanic consumption of isotonic fruit beverages. wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
SnowGod wrote:
It amazing that you need tests and lessons to ride a motorbike but anyone can click into a pair of ski's and hurtle off at 50+mph with no training whatsoever if they are that way inclined.
But IMHO the driving/riding test doesn't give you the driving equivalent of the ability to
SnowGod wrote:
I want to be able to ski anywhere in any conditions
but only the driving equivalent of the ability to ski pistes in good weather wink . No training required in driving in most difficult conditions; snow, ice, fog, high winds, floods (and when not to drive through floods wink ) or off road training is given. If you want to do those separate courses are provided but not required. It's interesting comparing skiing to other sports though. I think that the example of the RYA shows that many Brits are willing to take (sailing) courses, of course many are not. However, in diving there is a requirement to pass a test before one can dive without an instructor (IIRC). But in both cases there is an exam at the end of the training, unlike skiing (unless you are training to be an instructor AFAIK). However, (IIRC) once that test is passed there is no requirement to keep taking instruction every year. So if there was a skiing course with an exam at the end of it would then be acceptable to take the exam (for example "qualifying" one to ski on "easy pistes") and stop taking lessons if one was happy to confine oneself to said "easy pistes"? From the other examples I'd expect people might think would say "yes it would be acceptable". Since there is no exam people have to make up their own criteria to determine when they have reached the level the desire. Sure they'd improve with more training but that's true of nearly everything one does in life.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

How Many Dutch Skiers are there on the FIS World cup Start list each week?

Can only remember one ever and he changed his nationality to British Laughing wink

Quote:

I think time has come more more patrols on the piste, confiscation of lift pass for those who cross the line and perhaps a breath test for those out of control.

Not a bad idea....

Quote:

No training required in driving in most difficult conditions; snow, ice, fog, high winds, floods (and when not to drive through floods ) or off road training is given.

Valid point....

I guess what it boils down to then is people taking lessons to get them to a reasonable ability level and skiing within their ability whilst applying a little common sense, more patrols on the pistes, stiffer penalties (like in the States????????... never been but heard thats the case)

Hey presto...problem solved Laughing Confused
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy