Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sun out; no longer feel urge to ski

Poster: A snowHead
Just got another 2 weeks skiing in Canada to endure at the end of this Month. Then thank God it will all be over and I can start thinking about the garden.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person

http://youtube.com/v/ntj3y87dow8

A whole new meaning to dry ski slope Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
How very sad -Spring is a great time to ski -I have had some of my best days ski-ing in April -spring snow can almost be as good as powder Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Markus, I'm guessing Cairngorm? Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
if snow/weather stays good here in Pacific Northwest, we'll be skiing well into May. Finished May 26th last year. Spring skiing is far too much fun.

And here, I just buy my salmon off In'jun's trucks at the end of the road. Big fat fresh spring chinook should be coming up the Columbia any week now!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Elmer, Markus, where can I do that!? I'm so doing that this summer.

Very Happy

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Wed 18-03-09 1:14; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

FtS is right about the toll on the body though. It's a time of year for shorter skiing days, knocking off before the snow gets too dodgy, and putting your feet up with a book.

AAAAGH!! Another heretic!! IMO it's actually the time of year for first lift to last lift, keeping going when the snow gets softer (no such thing as dodgy snow - all snow is good snow, admittedly with some types more challenging than others), staggering exhausted from the slopes after gruelling slush bumps......with no time for feet up or books - ie pretty much full on, the same as any other ski day be it October on a glacier or May on the strips of mush that get you back down to Val D'Isere.

Not saying I hate summer or anything (after all you can mountain bike, hike and still ski on Alpine glaciers) but are there any other snowHead who are actually gripped by a mild form of panic/post-winter trauma as the days get longer and snowdrops and crocuses start appearing??

Must add that I'm amazed by all this fishing talk.....Whatever next??!! Puzzled Just waiting for someone to come on and say something like:
Quote:

I no longer feel the same desperate urge to ski. Instead I am planning a trip to my local Ikea and B&Q and a major attack on some painting and decorating and re-arranging the living room. Knocking together some flatpack furniture seems more exciting than does another week on the slopes.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mountainaddict, I don't care what the snow is like in April, I just want to ski.................
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
As for gardening and I made a similar post on another thread, the only planting I'm going to do is pole planting. Toofy Grin Three weeks to go Friday and I'm off skiing again. Cool snowHead
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
mountainaddict, Helen Beaumont, geepee, thanks be to Allah that someone's talking sense round here. Last trip of the season in 13 sleeps and counting. That reminds me, time for sleep.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
17 sleeps until my only trip of the season. If I don't feel battered at the end of every day I don't feel like I've rung every last drop of pleasure out of it. Too excited!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I pretty much always ski in March. Cheaper than February, warmer than January and gives me a chance to save up a bit of spending money after Christmas. The only problem is coming home again...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Another heretic!! IMO it's actually the time of year for first lift to last lift, keeping going when the snow gets softer (no such thing as dodgy snow

Not so much a heretic, but recognising the physical limitations of being well past pension-drawing age! The big variation in snow conditions, especially the soft lumpy stuff, is hard work on the legs - my muscles are absolutely fine. Not the slightest problem with any of them - quads not even feeling a twinge. But the actual knee joints - you can't "work on" them! FtS described his knees as "on fire" and I know exactly what he means. Mine were so swollen, and hot, yesterday afternoon that you could feel the heat through my salopettes. The only wise thing to do then is take Ibuprofen, put them up, and wait - they were really quite sore last night.

I need to make them last till the end of the season - 24 April - so yes, it'll be short days for me for a while! I love the snow too - very happy to sit in a chair in the sun and look at it, with the knees up on a footstool and a cold beer to hand, after four hours on the slopes. wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
MJS wrote:
17 sleeps until my only trip of the season. If I don't feel battered at the end of every day I don't feel like I've rung every last drop of pleasure out of it. Too excited!

3 sleeps until my only trip Smile
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Have to admit the sun in the sky has got me in the mood for some lovely spring skiing snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
pam w, & FtS thank you for your honest account of the pains Little Angel
it makes me cross with myself when almost everyone here has got the drive of James Bond and the strength of an Olympic athlete,

after my Xmas skiing I also lost my desire to ski again this season, and like the first poster I look at the sky and want to sort the garden out,
the thought of snow is overshadowed by the dodgy ankle and creaky knees Sad
snow report
Snowdrop wrote:
... everyone here has got the drive of James Bond and the strength of an Olympic athlete..

Hmmmm... well, some of us just fake it... wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Snowdrop wrote:
... everyone here has got the drive of James Bond and the strength of an Olympic athlete..

I have the drive of Brooke Bond and the strength of athletes foot Cool
snow report
Schuss in Boots wrote:
Snowdrop wrote:

for once it's unisex then wink 'cos the boys are doing a good job of it too Laughing
snow conditions
Scarpa, Laughing Laughing Cool
ski holidays
Yip, not too bothered about a 2nd trip this year. Starting to get too expensive. Plenty of other things going on to keep me occupied at the moment though.
snow conditions
Came back from Ischgl last Saturday. Read this thread on the day it started but have honestly been to tired to add a post until now and even now its a struggle. Had a great week but while the snow was epic, the poor visibility, the cold and almost constant snow made it hard work. I had a bit of an injury to my left knee prior to going and while it didn't bother me too much when skiing its certainly playing up now and my right knee has downed tools in sympathy since I got back. I passed the half century this year and my body appears to be telling me to slow down even if my mind isn't. Too be honest, the good weather this week makes me dream of summer, spending time in the garden etc. Right now the thought of a summer holiday seems more attractive than another skiing trip. Oh! just rembered off to Mayrhofen two weeks on Saturday but I really don't want to go. Hopefully, another week's recovery and I'll be raring to go.
ski holidays
Markus, Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
Have to admit...

My mountain bike if foremost in my mind.....

Skiing has been (mentally) put to bed now until November when I'll start getting excited about skiing again snowHead
snow conditions
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

FtS is right about the toll on the body though. It's a time of year for shorter skiing days, knocking off before the snow gets too dodgy, and putting your feet up with a book.

AAAAGH!! Another heretic!! IMO it's actually the time of year for first lift to last lift, keeping going when the snow gets softer (no such thing as dodgy snow - all snow is good snow, admittedly with some types more challenging than others), staggering exhausted from the slopes after gruelling slush bumps......with no time for feet up or books - ie pretty much full on, the same as any other ski day be it October on a glacier or May on the strips of mush that get you back down to Val D'Isere.

I agree too, to a point.

Not that I ever go from first lift to last, unless I have a long lunch in between. Wink

Still, spring is the time I ski "longer", if simply because there's longer daylight. And some resorts actually run their lift for an extra 1/2 or a full hour! Smile

I don't find the spring snow that much harder to ski. So I can ski for just as long. I only hate ice, especially the little chunk of ice broken up by the piste basher. So I do move with the sun, in search of softer snow in the spring.

mountainaddict wrote:

Must add that I'm amazed by all this fishing talk.....Whatever next??!! Puzzled Just waiting for someone to come on and say something like:
Quote:

I no longer feel the same desperate urge to ski. Instead I am planning a trip to my local Ikea and B&Q and a major attack on some painting and decorating and re-arranging the living room. Knocking together some flatpack furniture seems more exciting than does another week on the slopes.
Shocked Laughing
latest report
It's a reasonable thread for people to whom skiing is one of many leisure activities they enjoy equally.

(Of course, they're all heretics wink )

Those of us who are addicted will just shake their heads and scheme to fool the missus into going to Chile or New Zealand in July.

And hope that by the time our joints go, there'll be bionic ones to let us ski some more.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy