Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Radical R9X World Cup Oversize - Purchased in Val Thorens

Poster: A snowHead
After hiring a set of these in Dec i'm seriously considering buying a set. Does anyone have any recomendations about where I could purchase them from? Ideally in the UK but I am returning to Val Thorens in April.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 17-04-09 20:39; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
BMF_Skier,

What size? I can probably get you a pair at a good discount. Unfourtunatly you will have to pick up in France.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used 165's in VT in Dec. Its the 2009 version I was looking at.
Its a pipe dream at the moment, but drop me a PM about the price and where they are.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
BMF_Skier,

Will sort a price today and pm you later.
Do you know what radius they were?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
BMF_Skier, I'd be astonished if there weren't many pair for sale at great prices in April. Maybe even the ones you rented.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stewart woodward, do you know if the factory rossi shop in Albertville sell on demo gear at the end of the season? I heard that only guys with carte pro can buy stuff in there though...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
skimottaret wrote:
stewart woodward, do you know if the factory rossi shop in Albertville sell on demo gear at the end of the season? I heard that only guys with carte pro can buy stuff in there though...

Not sure if they sell any second hand gear.

The Rossi shop is limited to Moniteurs, Pisteurs, Guides etc and you must show some identity to gain admission.

Rossi 9X World Cup oversize are €519.00 with Axium 120 Bindings
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stewart woodward, thanks for looking into that.... I am after a pair of GS skis to get started with GS training. 500 is a bit steep for me as i am just getting started and am looking for some something second hand or an older model perhaps...
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skimottaret,

If you intend starting GS training by a pair of second hand WC GS skis NOT oversize.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
They really were fab skis {wistful smiley reqd}, If I won the lottery I'd have a pair too.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stewart woodward,
R9X - 15m rad
R9S - 11m rad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
David Murdoch wrote:
BMF_Skier, I'd be astonished if there weren't many pair for sale at great prices in April. Maybe even the ones you rented.
Thats definately on the cards. Certainly a visit to the hire shop.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
skimottaret, I have a pair of Rossi 9X WC 191s from a couple of years back ( 2006 ?) in excellent nick with Rossi 120 or 150 (I have both) axial (turntable) bindings that I would sell for a reasonable offer. They're just a little long for me at 5'6" and 62kgs...

BMF_Skier, There are certainly piles of them falling out the shops in Chamonix, Samoens and Morzine right now...
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, someone else beat you too it I'm afraid wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
BMF_Skier wrote:
stewart woodward,
R9X - 15m rad

I'm pretty sure that they're actually 17m at 170 - despite what the website says. I'm hopefully going to borrow a pair next week and will be able to confirm.
ski holidays
Oh, BTW, I'm told that there weren't many pairs imported into the UK and that the sponsored skiers took them all.
ski holidays
FlyingStantoni wrote:
BMF_Skier wrote:
stewart woodward,
R9X - 15m rad

I'm pretty sure that they're actually 17m at 170 - despite what the website says. I'm hopefully going to borrow a pair next week and will be able to confirm.

I have a pair of 170's at 17m radius. Great all round ski Very Happy
snow report
Thanks stewart woodward.
snow conditions
FlyingStantoni, the sponsored skiers took the Oversize? I'd have thought they'd be on the RS/RX IBox models Puzzled
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob, sorry, should have been more specific - the sponsored BASI Trainers took the 9X Oversize as BASI have introduced a 17m minimum sidecut radius for most Alpine courses. It doesn't do for the trainers not to be skiing "compliant" skis. They will, no doubt, have taken other skis!

stewart woodward, the question is - is this the ski to get me through my ISIA tech?
snow report
FlyingStantoni, ah, makes sense! I can see why, they'd be a perfect fit for the BASI requirements: 17m radius, a little extra width for variable conditions yet still torsionally stiff for great on-piste performance.

under a new name, do you know if they've got any decent helmets falling out of the stores along with the skis? Need a new lid, wondering if the POC store in Cham has any offers or if I should get one before leaving Blighty....
snow report
Sideshow_Bob, one below zero where doing some great deals on POC helmets look em up on google...

FlyingStantoni, great choice of ski and deals to be had.
snow conditions
FlyingStantoni wrote:
stewart woodward, the question is - is this the ski to get me through my ISIA tech?

The skis won't harm your chances wink but it's still the person on the skis not the skis that counts wink
snow report
Quote:
Sideshow_Bob, one below zero where doing some great deals on POC helmets look em up on google...

That's where I've been looking Smile Ideally wanted to try the helmets on as I have an odd-shaped head but have decided to take the plunge and have ordered a Skull X2 in XL. Hopefully it'll fit as the only XXL available is the Skull Comp at an extra £50 and I don't want to have to go through the hassle of returning/exchanging when I'm off a week on Friday.
ski holidays
stewart woodward wrote:
The skis won't harm your chances wink but it's still the person on the skis not the skis that counts wink

What, you mean that they don't skis that take the exams for me? Shocked Shocked Shocked

(Completely agree. But it would be possible to have a ski that ruined ones' chances of passing. You know, something that absolutely sucked in variable or was 108mm underfoot wink )
latest report
Hmm. Am not great at remembering some of those exact ski names - but I THINK I saw quite a few pairs of those skis at sale prices in Go Sport in Annemasse today. Price????????? Hmm again. Low 300s I think. A phone call to the shop might be worth while. They were certainly Rossignol World Cup Oversize - but couldn't be sure of the numbers. Are there others? Should I buy a pair for my OH when I next head into Geneva airport on Tuesday? wink
latest report
pam w - where would I find Go Sport? It certainly seems worth a punt.
snow report
FlyingStantoni, the one I saw them in is in the Etrembieres shopping centre at Annemasse - it's the one right by the A40 with a big orange MIGROS sign on - only takes a couple of minutes to pop in there. Go Sport is on the bottom level.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks pam w.

BMF_Skier - you have a PM.
snow conditions
FlyingStantoni, Invest you know it makes sense.... I have just got some new slalom jobbies tonight....
ski holidays
Thanks for the efforts everyone, events (or should I say car service bills) have now conspired against me. Sad
snow report
skimottaret wrote:
FlyingStantoni, Invest you know it makes sense.... I have just got some new slalom jobbies tonight....

skimottaret What make \model \size did you get?
snow conditions
skimottaret wrote:

rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

I refer the honourable gentleman to his previous answer on buying (even) more equipment this season Laughing
snow conditions
FlyingStantoni, I know but couldnt resist, also have some used GS skis teed up to collect in meribel so equipment wont be an excuse when training this summer and coming season. Must resist new boots, must resist new boots..... Laughing

BMF_Skier, Blizzard FIS SL165's
snow conditions
Investigated Go Sport this evening. Yes, they do have them. At 436 euros. My emotional price point was 350 euros - so I walked away.

As under a new name says, there seem to be loads in the shops around this area. I'm sure they'll come down in price.
snow report
FlyingStantoni, Crikey, € 436 ? Sad
ski holidays
FlyingStantoni, i saw lots of ex rental ones for sale in Meribel last summer. some were pretty beat up but 100 Euro seemed to be the going rate... The basi deal was around 400 wasnt it?
latest report
FlyingStantoni, sorry they were so expensive and that my recollection was so far off!!!
snow report
No worries pam w, it was worth a look.

I went up to Thonon after skiing today. Vieux Campeur has them at 450 euros.

skimottaret, I was told that Rossignol were out of the them in the UK as they didn't import many pairs.
snow report
Megamum, did you try them? What size? How did you find them?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy