Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

TR - Pilgrimage to the Dolomites (Warning: heathen images)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
snowball, myself and four others (including a snowheads lurker), plus guide Zeb Roche, made a pilgrimage to the Dolomecca-ites this year:

A mighty wind had blown the day before we all got there, yeah, and the sun had come out with a vengeance when we arrived, melting the snow with great power. The elders say that the gods live on the mountaintops, so we climbed up, in a search to appease them:

We each had to carry our cross:

The land of the gods was shrouded in clouds and mystery:

Our travels were not light and easy. Two Germanics who had followed us, wearing thick unsuitable armour and carrying no defences agains the gods' avawrath, were last seen tumbling down a rock-edged slope, and then climbing back up to recover their broken Volkl swords. We left them, for they were not wounded and the way to the houses in the valley was clear, though long to tread by foot and wounded ski.

The valleys were more welcoming to these travellers:

We pondered animal sacrifice, but heathens had got there first:

And anyway, the animals themselves were doing a good job of it:

And then the gods smiled upon us and covered us in snowflakes:

We went into the wilderness of the forest:

...and came out:

There followed much rejoicing:

Though the road was at times harsh and narrow:

The Mission-ary crew hailed the Boss:

For we were about to taste the fruit of the forbidden tree:

and to walk the forbidden path:

where terrible monsters awaited us:

there was then more rejoicing:

The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides...:

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger:

But the gods saw that we were worthy, and again smiled on us with the brilliance of sunshine, and we danced and jumped with joy:

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 16-03-09 19:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Very nice, and very entertaining! Thanks Smile
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
horizon, brilliant, well written and great photos. I really need to go back to the Dolomites. Thanks for posting.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
horizon, Cheers for that, looks like you had a great time. I'm looking forward to a week over Easter with Andrew and then the EOSB. snowHead Cool
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
excellent
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Lovely pics.... puts a smile on my face Cool
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Brilliant! Thanks brother.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Highly entertaining. Pics are fab too. Thanks!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Noice work C.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Great stuff.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"...and there came to be much rejoicing at a good report from a distant land, may the sun always shine upon the righteous ones, Amen..."

horizon, thanks for the great report! Nice photos! Where exactly were you, Arabba?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
luigi, we stayed in Ristoro Lezuo on the piste on the way from Pass Pordoi to Arabba - 5-10 mins of skiing down to Arabba. We had one last night in Cortina (and skied Cinque Torri and Cortina proper on those last days).
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
was this last week? I'm of to selva on saturday probably so nice to know theres still some good snow off piste around.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
horizon, Top post, great pics
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy