Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Club Snow reports - channel 4 Skiing Programme

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Did anyone else see the Ski Club snow reports? I'm just windering at their accuracy, given that they said "Near perfect skiing conditions across the whole of the USA and Canada, save for a slightly elevated temperatures for the time of year"

Now given that I've skiied whistler in January and seen it drop below -25 CELSIUS, I wouldn't call the current temperatures (forecast reported to be 8 above freezing in Fernie by telford_mike's wife) to be "slightly above normal". Neither would I think that rain washed slopes with rapidly disappearing snow to be "near perfect skiing conditions".

Now admittedly, this applies only to the continental north west - california has great conditions, and given the current snowstorms sweeping the east coast there should be plenty of snow - although I personally wouldn;t fancy skiing there since the temperature in maine was reported to have reached -37 over the weekend

Is this another example of the ski club putting a positive spin on ski reports in order to tempt people out to resorts, or am I being too cynical and it's simply someone tooo incompetent to draw up an accurate report?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Fernie is certainly dreadful - worst January conditions that anyone can remember. Not worth going at all - I would have thought the Ski Club would have been advising its members accordingly.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
That doesn't surprise me, I've never really read their reports and wouldn't intend to but I did hear one of their rep's phoning one in once and it was nonsense. It wasn't that he was consistently under- or over-stating the snow depths or anything, it was just wrong, number of runs open, wrong depths (too much and too little), even the weather was wrong.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have certainly noticed differences with their report and the ones shown within resort web sites.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy