Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying on the cheap??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

As my first post on this forum i thought i would try and pick your brains to possibly help me out a litte.

I discovered skiing this year and have vry quickly become an addict... living in munich i've managed to get out most weekends but this has somewhat depleted my money situation... Have organised my very first week away for next week however have no money left to pay for hold baggage on the plane as i went skiing yesterday even though i probbaly couldn't have afforded it in reality.... (i'm a student still)

Anyway it basically gunna be a very warm journey jobbie with me wearing lots of t-shirts, trousers, ski jacket etc in order to save space adn weight...

my only question is it possible to get through customs wearing your ski boots....!???

As that's what will be contributing to my weight and space problems most of all! I imagine they'd probably be a bit funny about it but has anyone actually ever tried it / know anyone who has???

Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Sn0wst0rm
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
sn0wst0rm, Welcome to snowHeads. I don't have a great deal of knowledge on this but at Gatwick end of Jan this year, I was standing at the Thomas Cook desk when I heard them say they'd had security chuck someone off the plane for wearing skiboots. Assume the guy had got a bit stroppy if they'd had to go to those lengths but surprised he'd got as far as the plane before anyone said anything. I wouldn't risk it.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
sn0wst0rm

I thought Ryanair was the worst hand luggage allowance at 10 kilos - until I flew with Scandinavian Airlines last week. Their allowance is a paltry 8 kilos. However, I am delighted that even that was enough to accommodate all I needed for 4 days away, with no checked in bag. I took the following in my hand luggage:

Ski boots, ski polo, ski socks, gloves, hat, face mask, goggles, sunglasses, toiletries, spare socks, spare undies, spare t-shirt.

The above took me to the 8 kg limit so my ski jacket (which I wore) had the pockets stuffed with phone, camera, chargers (x2) and a book - all a bit bulky but put into my hand luggage once I'd got past check in. I also wore a fleece to check in.

You are skiing all day so DON'T need as much non-ski clobber as you might think. One pair of jeans and a spare t-shirt will do it!!

Happy packing!! Very Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Wow sn0wst0rm... I thought I done well with Ryanair and just having a 10kg bag for 3 days and avoiding the check-in. I packed my boots, ski pants, spare jeans, socks, paints, base layer, gloves, 2 tee-shirts and a fleece. Was wearing a jumper and ski jacket with phone, camera, hat and my sandwich for the flight!!! Was not going to pay then a fiver for a sandwich. Also carried satsumas and bar's of choclate. Bought shower gel in Boots plane side. Out every night on the apres so wore my ski gear most of the time!! Looking forward to next season all ready!!! Shocked
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Trumpton, mountainaddict, Can you two please have a chat with my wife.... when we go for a weekend she seems to manage to use both mine and her own hand luggage allowances plus her own hold luggage allowance.... and she buys that much clobber in duty free we each have a plastic bag to carry too!!! wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Trumpton, mountainaddict, glad i dont have to sit next to either of you on a ski lift after three of four days Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy