Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flying on the cheap??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi!

As my first post on this forum i thought i would try and pick your brains to possibly help me out a litte.

I discovered skiing this year and have vry quickly become an addict... living in munich i've managed to get out most weekends but this has somewhat depleted my money situation... Have organised my very first week away for next week however have no money left to pay for hold baggage on the plane as i went skiing yesterday even though i probbaly couldn't have afforded it in reality.... (i'm a student still)

Anyway it basically gunna be a very warm journey jobbie with me wearing lots of t-shirts, trousers, ski jacket etc in order to save space adn weight...

my only question is it possible to get through customs wearing your ski boots....!???

As that's what will be contributing to my weight and space problems most of all! I imagine they'd probably be a bit funny about it but has anyone actually ever tried it / know anyone who has???

Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks!

Sn0wst0rm
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds crazy to me. Why would anyone wish to wear the equivalent of a plaster cast on each foot any longer than is absolutely necessary. I can just picture it now clambering up the stairs to an aircraft as if it were a bubble lift, LOL!

I think most airlines other than Ryanair air include 15-20kg baggage allowance which is surely more than adequate for a weekend trip. I managed it just fine for a week's trip including ski boots...

Also if you are in Munich already, have you investigated the cost of train or driving to Austrian resorts? Might work out cheaper than flying and you can take all the luggage you want...
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
queen bodecia, got to be a wind-up....

or tight finances is the least of their problem...
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would expect the airline and security to think you're having a laugh if you try to board the plane in ski boots - it's a dumb idea. What would you do in an emergency? How easy will it be, and how much in convenience will you cause, on the stairs to the plane?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
sn0wst0rm, There has been a lot of discussion on here about taking boots in hand luggage - which seems to be allowed from most airports, but by no means all.

Wearing them seems more likely to be disallowed I think.

queen bodecia, He's going for a week, not a weekend, and you have a very light holdall.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I saw somebody wearing ski boots around Stansted a couple of years ago. I think he'd had an argument with Ryanair at check-in. Don't know whether he got on the plane but certainly made me laugh.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haha i wish it were a wind up...

I don't get paid until a day into the trip, and just spent my last penny on skiing on sunday... so can't actually afford any hold baggage lol as i forgot to book any at the time i booked the flights...

My plan wasn't necessarily to walk on board wearing them...

just to walk through customs with them on... change into a pair of trainers and then carry them on in a plastic bag...

Suffice to say I am 80% convinced it wouldn't work and didn't really want to risk it... but just thought i'd ask anyway to see if there were any crazy people before me...
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
unbelievable...anyway,best borrow the cash from some mates and pay for the luggage or ski carriage..
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
saw 2 diff people in Geneva airport wearing their boots at the weekend, both looked like t1ts though so dont do it cos they did....
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sn0wst0rm, I have worn my boots on a plane several times - although they are touring boots not regular alpine so they have a normal treaded Vibram sole. Generally raised a bit of a laugh from cabin crew on BA. I was once asked to take them off by crew on Easyjet (but they were perfectly happy for them to then be in the overhead locker. , but got on other Easyjet flights when wearing them. I generally did it so I could travel with just a skibag and hand-luggage, reducing the number of bags to carry around by one. For those dismissing the idea, it caused no problem getting on and off the plane (there were many causing more of a problem on the stairs than me), and I would have been perfectly capable of running in them if necessary - so you're clearly talking out of where the sun don't shine!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
sn0wst0rm,
Why do you want to fly from Munich to go skiing? I fly to Munich to ski. Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
lol.

Have been skiing from munich every weekend day since i had my first lesson on the 10th jan lol... plus a few week days when i could afford the holiday!

I'm meeting up with a few mates this time around who found unbelievably cheap deals so am heading off to france instead.

With austria on my doorstep was kinda looking for a full blown get away from the krauts to be honest too!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy