Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

This weekend - Flying to Geneva - Where to go???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi... due to circumstances beyond our contol my girlfriend and I are been limited to this coming weekend for our skiing this year.

I have managed to book flights to geneva arriving late thurs and leaving late sunday and I'm hoping for some advice on resorts / web links for accomodation.

I have an offer of some availability in Tignes, my only reservation being such a long transfer.

I also have an offer in cormayeur, main reservation being I speak even less Italian than French and we are more blue run skiers at the moment than red.

Any advice greatfully received!

Cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Villars in Switzerland.... fabulous for blue run skiers and you can get there by train with one change from Geneva Airport. Many of the hotels there will accept short term bookings - we stayed at The Bristol which was pretty nice.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
My advice is get as high as possible. The sun really is doing some serious damage at the moment. We were in Avoriaz on Saturday and Flaine on Sunday. Both days by lunchtime-ish the snow was starting to get heavy and sugary. On the plus side it meant I could do some really steep stuff that I normally wouldn't even think about cos I knew the snow would slow me down wink
It's meant to be scorchio all week here too. It's currently 17 degrees here in Geneva! I can see the Jura from my office window and the snow line is going up by the hour Shocked
It might be worth the longer transfer to get to higher resorts.
Just my humble opinion
Smile
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
big cold front and more snow in southern alps resorts from thursday onwards. but it's pretty hot in most resorts at the moment from people i've been speaking to. Check www.snow-forecast.com and check the temperatures and snowfall due in the resorts you're thinking of for this weekend.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bambi on ice, have just come in from a cruise around the Espace Diamant - down to 1100m at the bottom of Praz sur Arly, around 11 am, when it was still actually quite hard. Depends on the aspect of the slope. Mostly the skiing has been fantastic - very few people about, empty lifts, wall to wall sunshine. Tignes is an awful long way from Gva for a weekend. You could do a lot worse than look at Les Contamines. Although it isn't very high (top around 2400m, most skiing between 1400m and 2000m) the aspect of the slopes means that the snow will remain in better condition than in many higher areas with south facing slopes. It's much closer to Geneva, and an ideal size for a weekend. You will need to get up the top of the gondola (to Signal) sharpish in the morning, and stay above that level - but the best skiing is all up the top, anyway. If the pistes are a bit hard in the morning you can ski on the Belleville side, which gets much more sun and will soften quickly in the morning.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for the information!

I decided to bite the bullet and opt for the long transfer... purely because it wont effect our time on the piste!

We are heading to Tignes with Mountain Sun... Can't wait!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy