Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes restaraunts and bars

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi guys
Were going out next week and im just after a bit of general info. Were staying in Val claret.
I was hoping for some restaraunt recommendations? Any that have live music in a bit later? The nicest restaraunt to take the mrs?
With the bars, i have been told to stay away grizzlys because of ridiculous prices. Any decent bars that are worth a beer?
Do they do happy hour anymore? My last two holidays didnt have them, but i used to love the vibe then, everyone was nackered and really chilled from a good day out and the bars got packed for a couple of hours. Anywhere this is likely to happen?
Thanks everyone
Cant wait Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Couloir is a nice bar in Val Claret. Crowded House is also pretty good but rowdier and has live music some nights.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks mate
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
There should be plenty of live music and fun, as we are going too and just found out it is European Gay Ski week in Tignes Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
A few mates of mine are gay and are real party animals. Should be a good atmosphere.

Buggered if I'd go on holiday with them.

Tignes is meant to have some great bars.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Buggered if I'd go on holiday with them.

did you really mean to write that Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

I was hoping for some restaraunt recommendations?

Le P'tit Savoyard at Val Claret: great food and exceptional value for Tignes - last winter you could get 3 courses for 15 or 16 euros. Nice pizzas too.

La Ferme (at Le Lac but the free bus runs 24 hours): rustic old farm (surprisingly!!) - more pricey but very nice surroundings for a special night out with the missus.

Le Caveau, Val Claret - Nice, local scran in a very cosy cellar.

Couloir - very nice upstairs with non-French food like Thai curry.

Le Pignatta - excellent pizzas (fondue etc as well).

St Jacques (or similar??) - cook your own meat on a hot stone. Excellent. Also had nice meals at Le Datcha and Le Grattalu, both at Val Claret.

I've also eaten in a few places in Val Claret that I can't remember the name of. The only bad meal I've had was in the Mexican - a truly shocking attempt at burritos.

Heard good reports of the all you can eat buffet at the Chinese in Val Claret - yet to visit though.

Back onto Le Lac: There are one or two nice looking food places in the Palafour Building (ie the big block overlooking the lake) - yet to try them but have earmarked a couple for our April visit.

Also worth a mention is that Alpaka Lodge/bar at le Lac - it does discount beer and Pukka pies for Snowheads - Skysports footy too Very Happy !!

Would agree that Grizzlys prices are stratospheric - but the ambience is fantastic. Worth a look if you are feeling flush - about 8 euros a bottle though!!

Here's a guide to nights out in Tignes:

http://www.tignes.co.uk/eveningsout.htm#Val_Claret_Restaurants
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I and friends frequented La Datcha Resteraunt in Val Claret on a few occasions while there a few years ago, good food and choices apart from chips with every thing. Has very special memories as I proposed to my Mrs there. Photo Pete took the official pics as well Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
mountainaddict, Thanks alot. Loads of good info there.

I have read that info in tignes website a few times, but you can never be sure. Its nice to hear these things from people who have been there.

Thanks
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dear moderator:

Quote:

Le P'booby Savoyard at Val Claret

Hilarious!! Why am I not allowed to post the name of a restaurant??!!

adamtheyido - You're welcome - but you will never find the P'booby restaurant!! It is called "Petit Savoyard" - abbreviated in French to P't1t Savoyard!!!!!! The name has been changed in my posting by the Snowheads Police!! Hence my query above.

(Let's try this one while I'm at it Toofy Grin : I am also an ardent ornithologist. I really enjoy spotting Great Tits..... Toofy Grin )
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
mountainaddict, it's a quirk of the forum anti-swearing software. Apparantly it likes grande tits but isn't so keen on p'tit tits (or p'tit tits as it thinks). Shocked
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

I was hoping for some restaraunt recommendations?

La Ferme (at Le Lac but the free bus runs 24 hours): rustic old farm (surprisingly!!) - more pricey but very nice surroundings for a special night out with the missus.

It's in Lavachet.

I drink in (Lavachet) - Lav Lounge, TCs & Brasero, and in (le Lac) Loop, Alpaka, Jam.
Check out the Tignes Mountain Echo (out free every saturday evening), or the bars themselves for what's on. Be warned, next week is European Gay Ski week in Tignes.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Anything doing in Les Boisses?
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Another vote for Ferme des trois capucines.
But if you go there for lunch, don't expect to do much skiing in the afternoon.
A place to go for a long relaxing extravagant meal.
And if you're all by yourself, you can talk to the cows Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy