Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Thinking about it..........

Poster: A snowHead
The last few times I have been away I have been more and more attracted to snowboarding. I have tried to fight this illness but the antibiotics are not working. Next time I'm away (next year now) I am thinking about boarding. Point is, shall I go straight for it and do a week with lessons or shall I ski Embarassed for the majority of the week and have a day at the end of the week as a taster ?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I would assess the conditions 1st and do a taster on a soft day ! nothing worse than learning to board on hard snow & ice. if you do it on day 1 you may decide to stick with it all week snowHead
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sit naked in the snow, whilst being thrashed with birtch branches, until those thoughts subside.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Smokin Joe, Just get really, really FAT skis Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Mosha Marc, I have tried but I cannot get rid of those thoughts..............great idea DebbiDoesSnow. I am sure I have seen your videos ! Laughing
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
.........if I get a few winners at Cheltenham I may get to the EOSB
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smokin Joe, why wait until next year? If you live in the London area you could go for a taster lesson in the new indoor snow dome at Hemel when it opens in May or the X-scape at MK. If you are up North - try Tamworth or Castleford.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ajl, Tamworth - up north...........take it geography wasnt a strong point Laughing

I have thought about Castleford and may go over the summer avoiding Charlatanefc visits !
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Smokin Joe, er... "the angel" is also a northern line tube stop in london Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
sherlock235, I know......but ajl, was suggesting that if I lived up north I could go to Tamworth rolling eyes its only a five hour drive or four hour train ride away.

ajl, just checked and Castleford do a full days tuition plus lunch for £155
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Smokin Joe, heeheehee. soz, wasn't born in the uk, so my uk geography sucks too!

go for the board-in-a-day. but bear in mind that you'll feel rather dead at the end of it cos there's quite a lot of work involved apparently. even if you're already good at skiing, it's a different skill set. and borrow a friend's impact shorts cos it'll deffo help - esp if you're "getting on a bit". mine deffo help me when i ride, and i'm "getting on a bit"!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I think I will go for the day thing depending on cash flow etc.

If I dont get away I'll definitely do it next year.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Smokin Joe, Waaaahaaaaay - time to come out of ski closet wink

Do it. You know you want to Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Smokin Joe, welcome brother . . . why not go the whole hog and shhhhh . . . telemark too Very Happy
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Smokin Joe wrote:
DebbiDoesSnow. I am sure I have seen your videos ! Laughing

These days I prefer to be the one with the camera Laughing
latest report
DebbiDoesSnow,

It does not necessarily mean you can't star as well...as a few celebs will attest... Toofy Grin
latest report
Dobz, Masque, I'd prefer it if you kept this quiet !

Its like going to Ward 25 of Newcastle General Hospital - you need to do it but you dont want everyone to know Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
Smokin Joe wrote:

Its like going to Ward 25 of Newcastle General Hospital - you need to do it but you dont want everyone to know Laughing Laughing

Good Grief Shocked It's good to hear that the old clap clinic's still serving The North East's philanderers Toofy Grin
snow report
Masque, Laughing
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, go for it properly and do a week with lessons. The first day on a snowboard is generally pretty tough so a one-day taster usually just leaves people with a bad impression and they never go back. Takes most people 3 days to be turning.
ski holidays
Smokin Joe, I went to La Plagne a few years ago and decided to teach myself when i got there. In the end I had a 90 minute lesson with ESGF that did the trick, but i did spend much of the week aching from falls that I maybe could have avoided if I'd planned things better and got lessons at MK or Tam.

I suggest that while summer voids 'real' snow opportunities, go to a fridge, do a few lessons (they're cheaper in the summer - my mate did a day for £70) and then when you get to resort next year, you can have your pick.

I do suspect that subconciously you are already a snowboarder and at some point soon will buy into it
ski holidays
Masque wrote:
Smokin Joe wrote:

Good Grief Shocked It's good to hear that the old clap clinic's still serving The North East's philanderers Toofy Grin

Laughing Laughing
snow report
Smokin Joe wrote:
The last few times I have been away I have been more and more attracted to snowboarders.
I've only just seen this thread. Hadaway an sh**te man! gerra grip yer daft bugga.
snow report
Jerry, obviously I have a problem and I need support from my friends Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy