Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Top of the toes next to little toes have been numb for 4 days!!!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
So I've come home from my holiday and found that the toe that's next to my little toe on both feet are numb, there's also numbness up from the toes on top of my foot too, I realise this is probably due to me having new boots and over tightening them and/or my bindings...Has anyone else had this numbness for longer than 4 days? Will it eventually go or should I go and see a doctor?! :-S

Thanks for your help
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mrdogcat, welcome to snowHeads snowHead I've had numbness over the top of one foot (over-tightened clip, as you say) for more than 4 months. It got better in the end. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
its a combination of over tight bindings and White Finger Syndrome from board vibration.

It is damaging but massage will help.

You may overtightened to compensate for the toe area of your boots being too loose/baggy.

Once you have had this it will re-occur more quickly. If its your own board have a look at bindings with toe caps and foam foot beds. The toe caps can be worn much looser for the same hold and the foam foot beds dampen the vibration.

Burton EST are good and I think Salomon Relay have these features too.

If you still have the numbness after a week, see your GP.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mrdogcat, Welcome to snowHeads As per Hurtle, mine have now been numb since the beginning of Feb. Of the three toes that were numb, one is slightly better but the other two are still awol. Nobody seems overly concerned about it, including me Toofy Grin
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Start to worry if they fall off Wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Had this myself - ski boots over tightened. I saw a French Doctor and he gave me tablets including vitamins since the problem is nerve damage accross the top of the foot(?). Anway I was told anything up to six months/year to heal if it was going to at all. For me I had no toe sensation and it felt as though I was standing on a golf ball. It did get better luckily but took about three months. I now don't over tighten the boots - which has caused excessive rubbing - i guess the answer is to get a boot fitter on the case. However I was overzealous with tightening so I only have myself to blame.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
overtightened boots in '95 when i was more of a BZK kindofa guy. couldn't feel my big toes for about 9 months. all fine now Cool
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
mrdogcat, I bet you have salomon bindings.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny luv plums wrote:
mrdogcat, I bet you have salomon bindings.

I diagnose salomonella poisoning. Toofy Grin Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Should we move this from the snowboard section - seems more ski related to me Wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy