Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Fritschi Diamir Freeride Plus or Naxo NX 21/22

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
For any one out there that have tried either of these bindings I would appreciate thoughts based on your experience. If you have not, with all respect, it is user feedback I am looking for not opinions based on a mate of a mate of a mate kind of thing wink

I am looking for a binding that has enough climbing ability for day tours yet still provide good ski response on the downhill; hence why thinking of marrying these to a pair of K2 Outlaws I have sitting in the shed. Have given some thought to the Marker Dukes etc. but decided against as wanting a better uphill experience and not wanting the extra faff of locking the bindings back into downhill mode. Getting a demo would be the best bet but unlikely unless some kind retail outlet will let me take them away and play for a while.

Appreciate this will be a compromise hence why hearing from others helps.

Many thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I use Fritschi Diamir Freeride Plus and its fine for day tours, and multi day trips. They are not quite as positive a fit as a full alpine binding which would be the advantage of the marker, not sure what you mean about the faff of locking down but the fritschi still needs to be locked down although this is straightforward, I have not used either the naxo or the marker.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hofmeister, OK not personal experience (only used the Fritschi and don't consider myself experienced enough to give a meaningful review) but you may find this useful http://www.wildsnow.com/717/comparo-fritschi-freeride-plus-naxo-nx21-bindings/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hofmeister, cant offer advice re bindings but why dont you ask on pistehors.com/news/forums. That's a dedicated offpiste/touring website run by a snowHead
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hofmeister, If you must, stick with Fritchi over Naxo, I see many broken Naxo and few Fritchi by comparison. All said and done, we now sell very few Fritchi, everyone would seem to fall either side of it by using Duke for Day tours and fast decent or going for Dynafit L Tech for the lighter weight, longer duration touring.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all, much appreciated.

SMALLZOOKEEPER, what seems to be the issue with breakages, I thought the early problems with the Naxo were sorted?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hofmeister, I have Fritschi FR+'s and have no issues with them. They are incredibly easy to change walk angle and mode when skinning and 'feel' perfectly locked and secure when skiing. I've set mine on the same DIN of 8.0 I use on my K2 recons (5'8'' , 154lbs, reasonably aggressive) and although I haven't tried anything steeper than about 25 degrees in them yet, I have used them on crust and powder up to that pitch, the bindings did release when they ought to have on one occasion and haven't otherwise.

I've heard great things about the Marker Dukes being great for any purpose. Here's a piece of perverse logic though. You slap expensive touring bindings on a ski that is going to be mostly used with lift access in resort and lean them against a fence outside a resort cafe. That is a bit like sticking a label saying 'steal me' on them. Smile
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy