Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

driving to the Alps?

Poster: A snowHead
T Bar, bad luck !!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Driving to La Rosiere on Friday, get into Calais at around 7am then heading to Albertville for the night before an early Sat morning trip up to the slopes for a day of super quiet pistes hopefully!

Any tips? We are goign to follow my Tom Tom with Europe mapping! Shocked
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Is about 12 hours correct from Calais to La Ros?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
samharris, sounds a bit long.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ViaMichelin says 9 hours. You got the right La ROs, postcode 73700
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most probably not Helen so that's great! Will have to work out how to input into TomTom.

Only 9 hours, that's not too bad at all! Bearing in mind we'll be stopping prior to La Ros too.........
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I used Google Map to check Calais, France to La Rosiere, Tarentaise and the route shows 944km and 9 hours 0 minutes.

On enlarging it I found the access is from the Italian La Thuile side (fast route using Mont Blanc tunnel). Well the Petit St Bernard pass between La Rosiere and La Thuile is not open in the winter but skiable with Run No. 7 (called San Bernado). So either you carry the luggage while skiing from La Thuile to La Rosiere or try the route through Albertville which is 995km long and requires 9 hours and 15 minutes.

Sat Nav is good but the damn thing does not have a database of which road close in winter!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Boredsurfing, Patch, Many thanks.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Don't trust Tom Tom for La Rosiere as it generally routes you via Mont Blanc Tunnel which is great for La Thuile not so for la Rosiere until at least June!!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cracking! How about Calais to Albertville. Then onto La Ros from there?
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
samharris, check out the route on viamichelin.com, it doesn't send you through any closed roads as far as I can see.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

A SatNav doesn't make mistakes itself. It might play death when you cross a tunnel.

A "navigator" can tell you to turn when it is too late to do so. If the person is your partner then you put unnecesary stress on the relationship.

Also you can ski with a "navigator" but a SatNav is useless on a slope.

saikee, I couldn't have put it better myself! Very Happy Besides, the navigator is much better looking and doesn't speak with a funny voice unless under the influence!

GordenFreeman, our return from StA this year was the shortest at 590miles to Calais, via Bregenz, Friedrichshafen, Freiburg, Colmar, Strasbourg, Metz and Reims. Ten and three quarters actual driving time. Comfort, petrol and lunch breaks for us adds around 1.5 hours.

I still prefer driving although we only had a week this year. I am one of those who hates airports although I don't mind flying in the least. I think probably the best flying route would be to Friedrichsafen then train it straight to StA. The station is about a ten minute walk from the Galzig lift. Very Happy One day I may give it a go.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
My Sat Nav took me through a French chicken farm on route to LDA a couple of years ago!! It basically cut from one main road to another any way it could! Nearly wrecked the car and killed a load of free roaming chickens on the road! Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
all this talk of places to stay en route to the alps .....normally i drive right through but due to the OH arriving into the UK form thre USA on the morning we deparet we are having to leave a bit later than normal...so i found a nice little place to stay on the friday night...about an hour south of reims http://www.etoges.com/ ....i thought it looked rather nice Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
CEM, nice !!!
ski holidays
CEM, That looks a bit of a dive. wink Enjoy. Cool
snow conditions
CEM, Nice Motel. I couldnt see a per hour room rate on the website though Toofy Grin
snow report
CEM, runs FastHotel in Albertville a close second, not. Jeez, I thought Formule 1 was basic but this place had Economy 7 heating and a "cartridge" en suite bathroom (should be in suite as it halved the size of the room). OK I was drven to this by half-term availability problems but never again Skullie Skullie Skullie
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy