Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmets with built in iPod capacity???

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to buy a helmet with built in earphones which i can plug my ipod into.... before anyone starts I listen to it on the lifts and not whilst skiing wink

Does anyone have one which they can recommend which is still available? Where to buy one? Which manufacturers make good helmets with earpieces either included or as an additional extra? Whats the sound like as I presently use in ear phones... comparison?

Thanks...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
A friend of mine has one that connects to an MP3 player via the headphone jack. It gives volume and mute, but nothing else, and it looks really gimpy because it looks like a massive lump of plastic on his head. I suspect using your own 'phones would give better sound.

I've got a rucksack with an iPod interface built-in to one of the straps, giving pause/play, forward/back, and volume control. There's also a glove that has wireless controls for iPod.

I listen to mine while skiing, as well as when on lifts.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I listen to mine while skiing, as well as when on lifts.

I do too but I wanted info on equipment rather than a BoL0c&ing for skiing whilst listening to tunes Evil or Very Mad wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
SnowGod, Giro Tune-Ups http://www.onebelowzero.com/Default.asp
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got a Salomon helmet which is compatible with such devices (speakers built in to furry ear-flaps) - however because I'm a skiier and not a boarder I was able to throw away the connecting cable upon purchase! Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I looked at one of these, but decided against one as would not like to ski with being able to hear whats going on around me.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Spyderman, this seems to fit the bill perfectly!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
SnowGod, RED and Bern(?) offer replacement ear pads with built in headphones.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have a Red lid. I've replaced the original ear pads with their headphone accessory. Works fine - I have mute available on the ear pad itself so can switch on or off with a gloved hand. Unless you're the type to have your choonz so loud your choice of musical entertainment can be heard down the other end of the tube carriage, the sound insulation is good enough that your friends aren't irritated.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I have Giro tune-ups, work well, no problems, though because of head sizes/shapes I've swapped the earpads with my OH's Red helmet - the mute button on the earpad, as mentioned by Zammo, is much easier and quicker to use than the Tune Up thingy. I've not yet hit anybody else in 35 years of skiing and am not about to start. If someone skiing behind me is well in control, the fact that I'm turning rhythmically and predictably will help them not to hit me. If an out of control skier or boarder comes hurtling into me from behind, I'd rather be relaxed than super-tense because I've heard him (probably a him) coming! People do talk the most terribly load of old codswallap about the unspeakable dangers of skiing with music.

I look round before I set off down a piste, or take a sweep across one, or do anything else slightly unpredictable. Same as anyone else sensible, with or without music. snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, re. codswallap. Firstly, good word! Secondly, hear, hear!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Don't you all worry about hearing people crashing down the slopes behind you ?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
GordonFreeman, no, because I can hear what's going on around me with or without music.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
GordonFreeman, no.... maybe slightly mad, but a resounding NO!

I ski better with music... aspam w, says.... more rhythmically...

i just love the word codswallop.... are you originally from Notts / Derbys by any chance pam w, ?

Thanks for all the info folks... I'll start trying some ono to make sure they fit my "Hills Have Eyes" shaped head wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy