Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Support Group for those of us who have finished skiing for the year...

Poster: A snowHead
with powder.

Easier for you wink
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stoatsbrother, I can only assume that your boots are too big and you've been over-estimating your shoe size again... Toofy Grin

Not sure about easier.... just different wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you're a chef and want out of the support group and into the mountains see http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=50599
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Looks like I'm needing this group right now. Just back from a fabulous week in Courmayeur and next trip will be the same week next year. How quickly can 51 weeks fly by...?
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
queen bodecia, I feel your pain Crying or Very sad
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Zobo, it's very raw at the moment as I'm currently unpacking...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Do I need this. Had nearly 4 weeks on 3 trips this year and I still want to do Easter. My one week a year skier wife just doesn't get it and thinks I am being unreasonable. I even booked a week in the sun for us last weekend after being ganged up on by friends, who were taking sides with the missus. I hoped by booking the sun holiday, she would go soft and let me go at Easter, but no. Still working on it though
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
queen bodecia, Thats the worst bit, knowing the ski gear is redundant for another year. I keep looking at the snow reports and the live webcams......... Even went to Snow and Rocks sale on Friday in the hope of finding a new ski jacket to also put away for another yr. Unfortunatly not got a spare few hundred quid for their designer offerings! Is this normal behaviour? Maybe I should be out planting bulbs or something Sad
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Zobo wrote:
Maybe I should be out planting poles or something Sad

There you are, that's better. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
geepee, lol love it
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Back in the office after a week at the Grande Massif our of Samoens and getting the ususal post-piste detox. Feet don't feel right on horizontal surface and in shoes rather than board boots. Crying or Very sad
Time to start plotting the 2010 assault. snowHead
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Zobo, Snow + Rock is stupidly expensive. I can't even afford the socks in there, sale or no sale...

Taking an extra day off to unpack and sleep today, but I keep looking wistfully through my pics...
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After a knee injury in feb I thought my season was over. Glad I didn't post in this thread earlier as the doc has given me the all clear and it looks like I may be off to Zell am See and St Anton before the season is over. Toofy Grin
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
DB, result!

Somehow I cannot begrudge someone skiing after I have finished in those circumstances. snowHead
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
OK, I've hit major post-ski depression today. Two weeks since I got back, 49 weeks until I go again. Can't stop looking at ski websites but in essence that's just prolonging the agony...

It's not like I have any money so I can't go shopping to cure my depression. I'm also not a drinker so I can't hit the bottle either...

Sobs...
snow conditions
queen bodecia wrote:
I'm also not a drinker so I can't hit the bottle
There are other drugs . . . . Toofy Grin
latest report
Jonpim, I have plenty of the prescribed variety. They don't seem to be helping with this particular malaise...
snow report
queen bodecia, well if it's any help my brother's in Flaine, there are high winds and a lot of lifts closed.....oh yes and to top it off it's raining Sad
snow report
skimum, oh dear your poor brother. I'd still rather be there than here though. Raining and wind here too, although that won't spoil my plans for the day (swimming and general loafing about the house)...
latest report
queen bodecia, you not thinking right. Prescribed drugs are useless.
Think about it. Is coffee prescribed? Is beer prescribed. Are cigarettes precribed?
You see, all the best stuff don't involve a prescription.
Maybe Masque could help you. Cool
latest report
queen bodecia, as I understand it, he's a distinguished member of the medical profession. So he knows. Right? Laughing Laughing
snow report
Suffering badly here - been back a week and the withdrawal symptoms are increasing not fading Crying or Very sad
latest report
Very low here too. Five days and getting worse by the minute. Sad
snow conditions
Managed 2 trips in 2007 and 3 in 2008, but down to just the one this year unless things take a turn for the better. Trouble is with a non-skiing (still working on that one) spouse, I do rather feel bad both about spending the money and about taking off on my own (though I can't say I spent overlong dwelling on it while I was there Embarassed).
ski holidays
Good Grief!
A right load of wingers (rhymes with ninjas) here.

These days, the slightest mental trauma and everyone wants counselling.
Pathetic.
In my day, you got back from the usual 8 weeks in St Moritz, shouted at the chauffeur, and then just got on with life.
Glass of port anyone?
ski holidays
Jonpim, Laughing Laughing
snow report
Jonpim, Laughing you make me giggle. Too long no see Sad x
snow conditions
Jonpim, I don't smoke, drink beer or coffee. I guess there's just no hope for me... Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
queen bodecia, no wonder you got problems.
Which convent do you belong to? Toofy Grin
snow report
Who's up for emigration (en masse) to New Zealand (South Island) for a few months starting in about June or so. I do believe there might be a chance of slippery stuff there. snowHead snowHead snowHead

Aaaaargghh! the withdrawal symptoms. Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
Jonpim, I may be the only skiing nun in Derbyshire... Very Happy
latest report
queen bodecia, "the hills are alive....." wink
ski holidays
Craghopper, are you offering a free trip then.......?
snow conditions
May I recommend the 'Early Birds' thread to replace your depression with anticipation?
latest report
red 27, Has it started yet?
snow conditions
Schuss in Boots, oh yes, one member booked their 2010 trip in November 2008, which is a) strange b) admirable and c) committed. Not Hurtle although she was not far behind
ski holidays
red 27, As far as I know, Hurtle's not been committed yet.... Toofy Grin Laughing
ski holidays
Guys, why wait a year?

Look, you can't improve significantly if you just ski one week a year so unless finances absolutely preclude get yourselves over to the Alps for a weekend before the end of the season - Mountainsun have some amazing long weekend offers as I'm sure do other operators. There's also still sliding available in Scotland (so no nasty Euro exchange rates to deal with and great apres ski currys to be had!), there are great pics coming out from there today after the latest dump. Failing that get yourselves down to your local dry slope or dome, I know it's a bit like methadone to an addict but at least it'll keep you in practice and keep those sliding muscles in trim for next years trip to the Alps.

Seriously, where there's a will there's a way and there's no reason to plan a year ahead for any trip (I never have!) - otherwise this thread just smacks of people wallowing in negativity and self-pity and I'm sure you all wouldn't want to be tarred with that brush ... would you? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Or think of it another way: how much you will appreciate skiing next year after the wait.
If it was Good Things every day, they would loose their attraction.
Christmas every day, anyone?

And you certainly wouldn't want to be like poor BernardC, forced to go skiing every day for the whole season. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
roga wrote:
Guys, why wait a year?
Mountainsun have some amazing long weekend offers as I'm sure do other operators.

Gotta work!

Quote:
There's also still sliding available in Scotland
True but can you guarantee the weather at the right time? And it takes a silly amount of time to get there even from here, half way up the country and it isn't cheap either.

Quote:
Failing that get yourselves down to your local dry slope or dome, I know it's a bit like methadone to an addict

Did Chill last week as I only had 4 days work - it felt so claustrophobic in there! Then I realised what the day had cost & that I'd be better served putting the dough aside towards the real thing.

Quote:
people wallowing in negativity and self-pity and I'm sure you all wouldn't want to be tarred with that brush ... would you? Toofy Grin

Look we've earned our right to nervous breakdowns & we're gonna enjoy them Cool
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy