Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Support Group for those of us who have finished skiing for the year...

Poster: A snowHead
That says a lot about me... I read it as French... rolling eyes Embarassed
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hurtle wrote:
Boredsurfing,
Quote:

reduced to a mere 4 weeks

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

I've just been reminded about my sneaky 3 days in January Embarassed (Well, it was my Birthday)

So 4 weeks 3 days to be pedantic
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Boredsurfing, And since you made the first lifts on those days... they can actually count as full days skiing too... Toofy Grin
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Schuss in Boots, Embarassed Embarassed Oh stop, I'm looking forward to my leisurely ski trip in April Toofy Grin
It's a holiday not a fitness camp Laughing Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Schuss in Boots, omigod, you've actually managed to embarrass him! Shocked Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stoatsbrother, I have been sitting at home with the one who must be looked after for most of the season, as his accident was on the first day's skiing of the winter. If Lady Luck is eventually smiling on us, and julesb's CT scan is OK in early April we may get to strap our skis on around the 16th. Whatever happens we have decided to go to Serre Che anway even if we don't then manage to make the EOSB.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Helen Beaumont, I think that makes you the Patron Saint of the support group. Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
My third and final trip is in just over 2 weeks time (to Andorra - see Metalhead's link in the Pyrenees snow report for current conditions!!) although I am very tempted to fit in a long weekend before the end of April.

Tignes is definitely calling me.

I would be reluctant to do New Year again as it was eye wateringly expensive. For 2 of us it cost the thick end of £3k and I could have done the same for just over half that, 2 weeks later.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
vetski,

Quote:

Do you think having had 4 weeks this year already should disqualify people from the support group - even if the support group was their idea?

Well therein lies a question. Could it be argued that their need is greater? Is their addiction stronger? Should they be pitied? or are they just jammie lucky b##!!rs and don't deserve a jot of sympathy from us mere 1 weekers? Toofy Grin

If i could persaude the family to stay at home I could have four weeks for 1 instead of one week for 4. Do you think they'd go for it? Sigh.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hurtle, Laughing Embarrassing people is a talent of mine.... no.... actually if I were to be completely accurate... embarrassing myself is my true talent.... rolling eyes
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Me and the OH cant really get another week off work justnow

Looking into a long weekend in April for a final fix

The comedown is awful
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I found out three weeks ago that my missus is expecting our first nipper so effectively, the holiday to ADH on the 28th is going to be my last for a fair while - I need counseling.... and lots of it!!! Smile
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Specialman, Boys' trip, Bashes next year,

Problem sorted Toofy Grin

Congratulations btw snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
grivas, most of the posters here are of a more senior disposition, and therefore have accumulated enough wealth over their lifetimes to enable them the luxury of several trips.

I however am young (um, 40! rolling eyes ), with a nipper and one on the way. Haven't skied since Feb 08, but find that virtual skiing (i.e. following progress of friends/family by email, text, websites etc), somehow got me through this season. Some friends are off to Wengen at Easter, therefore I shall be skiing in spirit for one more week.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Tim Sawyer wrote:
...most of the posters here are of a more senior disposition...

Classic! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
grivas wrote:
you guys must be loaded i could only afford one weeks skiing with my family this year and a big ???? fo next year
you must all work in the city
grivas, I'm with you on that one. Sat here, looking misty eyed at my screen saver from this yrs skiing, god I knew I should of listened to my mum and married rich Crying or Very sad
snow report
Tim Sawyer wrote:
... most of the posters here are of a more senior disposition ...

Does that mean we are old, or just think we're old? Wink
snow report
rob@rar, we are old... Sad

From an evolutionary point of view we are totally redundant. It is only sheer force of will - or the prospect of skiing with youngsters like Schuss in Boots that keeps us alive.

No snow for 9 months... Crying or Very sad
latest report
60, non-skiing wife, no children: but some say junior disposition. Average expectation of life, 20 years and I aim to ski off piste as much of it as I can.
snow conditions
stoatsbrother wrote:
From an evolutionary point of view we are totally redundant. It is only sheer force of will - or the prospect of skiing with youngsters like Schuss in Boots that keeps us alive.
Yes, I like skiing with the 'youngsters' Wink

stoatsbrother wrote:
No snow for 9 months... Crying or Very sad

It was waist deep yesterday at times Smile
latest report
There's still time!!! http://www.mountainsunltd.com/special_offers/view/tignes---spring-short-breaks

AND, thrill seakers...check this adrenaline package out for early summer : from £99 for three nights catered accommodation INCLUDING Geneva transfers and catered accommodation with glacier skiing including lift pass and equipment, white water rafting, and more!!! http://www.summeractivityholidays.com/Adrenalin_package.html

Use it for a support group meeting!!

It's never over!!! snowHead
latest report
rob@rar, grrrrrrr.... Evil or Very Mad
snow report
rob@rar, <cough> Despite my upcoming birthday, I'm not sure I appreciate your gratuitous use of inverted commas... Twisted Evil

stoatsbrother, Very Happy You accept PayPal right? wink (and yes, I am ignoring the undertones of sarcasm) Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Joanne Mountainsun,

wink Laughing
snow report
Axsman, but served so well Toofy Grin

Schuss in Boots, I do - as a matter of fact - what may I do for you? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Axsman, Yes! And Sorry! I'm not ashamed though - you guys usually want to know about a good thing?!? and know I mean no harm! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Joanne Mountainsun, No offence taken - hence the Laughing snowHead
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, I'll write a list... Madeye-Smiley

Joanne Mountainsun, Take no notice, its sour grapes... apparently they're too old to cope with more than 4 times a year... Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Schuss in Boots, er, we are still talking about skiing yes? Embarassed Laughing
ski holidays
Axsman, would the answer be any different? wink
snow report
grivas wrote:
you guys must be loaded i could only afford one weeks skiing with my family this year and a big ???? fo next year
you must all work in the city

Here's the clue. Contraceptives work well if you like lots of skiing or simply being commitmentphobic wink
ski holidays
Axsman, stoatsbrother, Well if the topic's drifted off skiing, then we'll be needing an entirely different support group.... wink Laughing
latest report
Schuss in Boots wrote:
... apparently they're too old to cope with more than 4 times a year... Toofy Grin

I can just about manage it a little bit more often than that Smile
snow conditions
stoatsbrother, Well I managed 6 times last year wink , But only twice so far this one.

I just wish I could ski as often. Embarassed
ski holidays
...Every year as I did last year! Laughing
ski holidays
snowlamb, I must confess that I have had almost 3 weeks so far, not 1...

And I'd just like to disassociate myself from all those who consider themselves of a 'senior disposition' - some of us are still young, thank you very much!!

Gentlemen having issues 'coping' on a more than infrequent basis - I refer you to your spam filters. You should find plenty of 'five times a night with a bigger schlong' products lurking there Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Axsman, You should worry, under normal circumstances, some of us have to go months and months without...
snow report
ski trips to break the monotony Toofy Grin
snow report
What about those of us who managed to have 2 family weeks and only one proper offpiste week?...

(I'm not counting a few weekends here and there).

My wife sort of agreed that the New Year week didn't count as a skiing week so technically I could fit another one in, but I'm a little worried about taking another week off work.

I guess I'll have to make do with one or two extra weekends...
latest report
Schuss in Boots, as a married man I am lucky if I have, by this time of the year, managed to fill my boots 3 times...
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy