Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Support Group for those of us who have finished skiing for the year...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Same scenario as Butterfly. Can't afford to go again this season and my next scheduled time off work isn't until June. Looks like I'll be booking ahead early for next March though, all my ski buddies have booked already!

Might take a trip to the Snowdome one weekend over summer (too busy on weekends during the ski season) but even that makes a big dent in £40 and so has to be budgeted for...

Scotland out of the question for the same reason...

I sometimes think I live in the different financial world to the rest of the snowHead snowHead . One where a mortgage and bills have to be paid...
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
queen bodecia, I'd be surprised if there were many snowHeads who didn't have to budget or prioritize - both in general and in their choices on the trips themselves - to get their 'fix'.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I'm gonna try and break the misery that is summer down into (some very silly) little bits.

Now until midsummers night will be the most painful part, although, as the weather gets better, other interests help take up the time and hopefully it will move quickly.

I am going to the gym four times a week and twice with a personal trainer so that my fitness for the winter in unsurpassed and I can justify all the agony for the sake of snow

I will celebrate midsummer as we are then on the downward slope toward winter. I will go to Zell am See and join in the Sonnenwendfeuer where I will sacrifice a beach ball and some flip-flops (and anything else that I can think of that can be associated with summer holidays) to the snow gods in the hope of plentiful snow from the middle of October onwards. If there is enough snow on the Kitzsteinhorn I will ski.

In August I might even go on a Warren Smith summer course in Saas Fee to improve my skills and pay my respects to the Snow Gods by demonstrating that I have not forgotten them whilst the sun king rules the earth.

I late September I will go to the Equator to tell the sun king that his time is nearly up! (well actually to visit my sister in Singapore but it sounds like the thing to do)

In October I will check forecasts and webcams on a daily basis, increasing to hourly by mid month.

I will go to ski shows and endlessly browse the internet looking at kit I don't need!

From the last week of October at Soelden I will spend hours watching world cup skiing on the telly.

By early December it will be our time again!

Oh and throughout all these months I will be on here three times a day just to remind my self that I am not alone and check if any snowHead has come up with the means of altering the earths axis and putting us in eternal winter Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hurtle, indeed and I'm in that rocky predicament of being into motorcycles as well. I realise I really should have chosen cheaper interests...
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I could have been in Alp D'Huez on BUSC right now Sad

Damn lack of cash
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
queen bodecia, Could be worse..could be golf..
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
JFDI.... Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Butterfly wrote:
roga wrote:
Guys, why wait a year?
Mountainsun have some amazing long weekend offers as I'm sure do other operators.

Gotta work!

Haven't we all?
Quote:
Quote:
There's also still sliding available in Scotland
True but can you guarantee the weather at the right time? And it takes a silly amount of time to get there even from here, half way up the country and it isn't cheap either.

I guess it's a matter of perspective but I'm in Bristol and drive up for weekends when it looks good (leave work at usual time Friday and back in work Monday) - takes around 7/8 hours, sometimes less door to door. Can't guarantee the weather no but if you check the forecast and make a decision on a Thursday you can be pretty sure what the weather holds in store for you. As for cost, I'm up in a few days time and have the whole family in self catering for 30 odd quid a night .. I don't call that expensive!

Weather over the next few days set to be warm and dry so there will doubtless be some loss of snow on the lower slopes I guess but I can guarantee there will be great beginner and intermediate sliding for the kids and wife and when I'm bored with that I'll take myself over to Glencoe (where the snow holding on the upper mountain is superb) for a slide on more challenging stuff. As for overhead weather it's the time of year when you're quite likely to have a reasonable amount of sun, and that's often been my experience in spring in Scotland. Most of the horror stories come from people who risk it in Jan/Feb and early March when the winds and overheads can be seriously unpleasant (unless you're a masochist like me Wink ) - they can be great as well though snowHead
Quote:
Quote:
Failing that get yourselves down to your local dry slope or dome, I know it's a bit like methadone to an addict

Did Chill last week as I only had 4 days work - it felt so claustrophobic in there! Then I realised what the day had cost & that I'd be better served putting the dough aside towards the real thing.

Dry slopes are far cheaper!
Quote:
Quote:
people wallowing in negativity and self-pity and I'm sure you all wouldn't want to be tarred with that brush ... would you? Toofy Grin

Look we've earned our right to nervous breakdowns & we're gonna enjoy them Cool

Sorry, not trying to rain on your parade of misery here ... well, not much wink

queen bodecia wrote:
I sometimes think I live in the different financial world to the rest of the snowHead snowHead . One where a mortgage and bills have to be paid...

LOL, I just save on stuff like clothing ... actually seriously I've been needing a pair of jeans and some other clothes for about 2 months but haven't got a new pair yet 'coz I've spent the money on skiing, same goes for other stuff too Laughing

Lets face it I am sadly addicted so you might actually be doing yourself a favour by not taking my advice Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy